Removing Injectors

Hi All

Just keen to know what's involved in removing the injectors from the rail with the engine in the car.

Got a set that have been ultrasonically cleaned and want to replace them.

Look forward to your reply.

David

B

big boy

remove the two allen keys that hold the fuel rail and then just un plug the injectors and pull them out if the rail.

F

Fubawu

Hi guys
digging up an old thread, Do I need to remove all hoses to get the injectors out?
Also I can't seem to unclip the clips. I am nervous to apply too much pressure as I do not want to break them. Let me know if there is anything I am over looking??
Thanks
John

O

Odin

You just need to pull out the spring clips from the top, Take them right out the way and make sure you don't loose any lol, Oh and their is 4 allen headed bolts holding on the fuel rail not 2 as quoted by the other guy.

Rob

rayman75

i find the best way is to start the car and then take the fuel pump fuse out while its running to get rid of most of the pressure inside the fuel system. then do odin said.

F

Fubawu

I am going to tackle it this week. Thanks for the info
John

F

Fubawu

I cant seem to disconnect the plastic plug. There does not seem to be a release clip or something. I am affraid if I push or pull to hard it will snap. Does this have to be done once the fuel rail is removed??

youngsyp

Fubawu said:
I cant seem to disconnect the plastic plug. There does not seem to be a release clip or something. I am affraid if I push or pull to hard it will snap. Does this have to be done once the fuel rail is removed??
I don't think so.

As for the plug, they'll have a metal clip around the plug, similar to the one on the MAF plug. You'll be able to get this off, with a small flat blade screwdriver and pliers. Once you're familiar with the metal clip, you'll see that the area to lever with the screwdriver, is round the back of each plug.

Dont forget to release pressure from the fuel rail, before you remove the injectors as, you might get fuel in your eyes, if you dont !