Redex

splmum

hehehe, I used to use this stuff in my old 304 Peugeot back when I was only 21, my how the years have faded away, but it appears not Redex.

stumo

You'd be better removing the injectors and getting them cleaned properly.

I can't see it doing any harm if you did use it but i wouldn't go ragging the car with it in (that's my opinion)

splmum

^^^ agreed. Ultrasonic cleaning and flow testing would undoubtedly be the best way to go.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
VPower has a cleaning agent in the petrol anyway to keep your injectors and system clean.

Adding Redex or STP might help a bit, but I stress it will be very marginal if noticeable at all

vpulsar

Redex is yet another one of those absolutely useless products on the market that are designed to play of people's fears to relieve them of their hard earned cash:roll:, Just use V-Power and you'll be fine, If you have an injector problem then as other's have said get them cleaned properly or replace with new.

If you have a well maintained engine then you only need your regular servicing with good quality oil/plugs/filters and don't use super market petrol.

John

smiddy

I used it just before MOT as heard its good for keeping emmissions down, I was allowed CO of 3.5% and it came back at 0.4%. Cant remember what the Hydrocarbons (HC) were.
Whether it was the Redex or not, there was no harm in trying it.

P

pulsarboby

Redex is yet another one of those absolutely useless products on the market that are designed to play of people's fears to relieve them of their hard earned cash:roll:, Just use V-Power and you'll be fine, If you have an injector problem then as other's have said get them cleaned properly or replace with new.

If you have a well maintained engine then you only need your regular servicing with good quality oil/plugs/filters and don't use super market petrol.

John
agree with that man

trouble with this stuff is that bits of carbon will break away from pistons and could end up getting in the oil system and if that happens you then run the risk of blocked oilways etc which will do your engine and turbo seals no good whatsoever

darkyGTI-R

John

I agree bit like Calgon for washing machines just scare tactics ooh quick you have to buy this stuff with every new washing machine!:lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
agree with that man

trouble with this stuff is that bits of carbon will break away from pistons and could end up getting in the oil system and if that happens you then run the risk of blocked oilways etc which will do your engine and turbo seals no good whatsoever
Tottally agree.........

you will kill the car.

Never use redex e.t.c. or engine/oil flush on a a performance engine of this age.......

MarkTurbo

I'd rather piss in my fuel tank than put any of that crap in it.....................would probably do a better job of cleaning the fuel system out too ;-)