Rear Seats

I

Impact

Theres a GTI-R thats for available for shipment next November but the thing is there interior has been stipped and the rear seats have been taken out and there is a roll bar installed.
I know that this car was probably setup for autox or drag but the engine and suspension are still basically stock. But its going for a good price and KM's are low.
But the thing is the price isnt so bad but I want to have a car with its rear seats still in and carpet as well. Im just wondering how much or if people sell rear seats for the GTI-R or it wouldnt be worth looking for seats and just get a car with the rear seats and carpet altogether already?

The car

Its going for about 7200 Canadian and theres 50,206kms

G

GTiRich

Yeah it's possible to get the rear seats, people always seem to be breaking their R's these days. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have though being in Canada. I'm not sure if there are many R's over there

mattygti-r

that looks like a dakar,

its prb had the nuts caned out of it,

looks liek carbon bonnet, stipped out as you say

mayeb sum urpated goodies etc, but personally id go for another example

I

Impact

GTiRich said:
Yeah it's possible to get the rear seats, people always seem to be breaking their R's these days. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have though being in Canada. I'm not sure if there are many R's over there
There are no R's out here YET. Its not legal till next November. But on many sites that have imported GTRs and other Japanese/Euro cars. They are starting to put GTIRs on the list now.

And educate me...what is a dakar?

mattygti-r

light weight version, thou cant tell unless u see it dont have electric windows, etc, differnet interior, it also has a differnet gearbox

normally i believe come in ivory

its a 1993 that one

the rollcage etc, struts arnt a bad thing but would have meant it could have just been boosted to high heaven

I

Impact

mattygti-r said:
light weight version, thou cant tell unless u see it dont have electric windows, etc, differnet interior, it also has a differnet gearbox

normally i believe come in ivory

its a 1993 that one

the rollcage etc, struts arnt a bad thing but would have meant it could have just been boosted to high heaven
Now with a dakar model Im guessing that was orignally meant for things other that a daily driver.

Yeah its kinda hard to tell..you never know if people have been pumping up to boost..its also hard cause when importing one..you wont be able to have the test drive with it. Unless you go to the place where they are selling it...across seas :?

mattygti-r

thats a dakar i blieve, interior is totally differnet to a 91 car and the later blue seats are not thesame

its a dakar

ie. shite interior, no electrics, different gearbox (short ratio)

yes they were produced for rally use really

thast been up and down tracks/hills etc, not an easy life :lol:

I

Impact

Ah thanks for the info..

Strange on the site though it says there is power windows and mirrors

http://www.importconcern.ca/perl/b_list.pl?10295

I guess its back to looking around again..the good thing is with this company they will LOOK for what you are requesting.

Since Im already writing in here...I want to look for something totally stock. Is there a certain type or body number Im gonna have to look/ask for? Or just say "Hi Im looking for a stock Pulsar GTiR go get it bitch"

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It looks like my RB, same seats, same mirrors, same heater controls. That one has no rear wiper and at a guess manual windows** as I can't see the swithces for electric windows. It should in that case have a close ratio gearbox too. It'll be light and fast tho :D

** I think you can just see the winder through the steering wheel in the side shot of the 2 seats.

mattygti-r

yeah but noisy as fck, horrible interior that looks utter shite, and then youve got all the interior parts to get

I

Impact

Well carpeting and sound deadening is not a problem for me..cause my uncle owns a shop so he can do it from there
Its just that I like rear seats....
Fast car sounds good...but like what mattygti-r said...could have probably been boosted the poops outta it..

Cris

Looks like an RB, seats, ages, gear lever, non-colour coded mirrors etc are correct for that.

Disadvantage of this is the CR gearbox and lack of toys (ABS etc).

This particular car looks fairly thrashed (from the pictures) and I would say wouldn't make a nice car for a daily driver without much work.

Odd things are the mis-matched spare (it's a different alloy to the four on the car), stock exhaust (probably) and suspicously stock engine, not even an air filter - very odd for a car which has been stripped out and caged. I would suspect that this has been 'put back to stock' prior to sale. This (potentiall) could be an issue. There is also a leccy box just under the dash (on the right side) maybe a turbo timer or boost controller. Again a (potential) concern.

If you were looking for a project car this could be a nice one. Already has the lighter weight option (ie it's an RB) has what looks to be a chunky cage and braces. Sort out the interior (standard Nissan Sunny/Pulsar seats will fit in the back (if the interior has been mucked up too much)), wheels, engine (at least get it checked over), brakes, throw a whiteline kit at it and paint-it.

Easy peasy.

Hope this is of some help.

antgtir

If it where me i would go for another, looks like its been ragged to hell and not really looked after, who knows what will go wrong with it. Id go for a newer model and try and get all the little extras that are available, may mean waiting longer but i suppose you've plenty of time seen as its not yet legal. Hold out for a mint one mate, trust me its worth it and not worth the heart ache when you buy that and your off the road in two weeks.

Ant. :wink:

Nad

Can we not confuse the chap any further. At least try to give him the correct information. Its not a Dakar, its an RB, as documented throughout this site, calling it different names just causes confusion.

People have it in their mind that the 'Dakar' only came in Ivory, where as the RB came in every colour. Until it is proven that there was a so called special european version lets keep it simple for those that dont already know.

E

Edd

also mr mattygtir if that bonnet is carbon fibre then i sh*t gold bars :lol: :lol:

its obviously painted in a matt black, for the fact it looks like paint, and secondly on the engine shot you can see the awful oversrpay underneath the bonnet and you can see the original white bonnet :wink: :wink:

MarkTurbo

Going by the fact that its got a pretty meaty looking roll cage, no carpets, and what looks like a forest/gravel tyre in the boot i'd say that car had been rallied at some point.

But its only got 1 bucket seat :? Maybe the guy was so good he didnt need a co driver :lol: :lol: :lol:

I

Impact

Thanks for the education and opnions guys..
Im gonna try to search for model types for the GTiRs