Q45 MAF questions

Jobi Joba

Ok,here I explain my problem:

I wanna upgrade my lil' engine, to a 500+ bhp powerplant...cause I'm already bored with my 430ish...

I've already found everything I need to do this upgrade,and the last thing I need to find out is the MAF.

I know the Z32 MAF that I'm currently running will be too small to be accurate enough for 500+ bhp.

I've been told that the Q45 is the one to go for.Ok,no problem,let's find a Q45 MAF...

The problem is I have a Power FC,and it allows me to choose between severl MAF: std, std + induction kit, RB25, Z32 and a 90mm VH41.

Is the VH41 the car with the Q45 engine?

If not,where can I find the response curve of the Q45 MAF?Cause using a datalogit with my PFC,I can change the curve for each MAF,so it will be kinda easy to change the settings of one or another of the predefined MAFs in the PFC.

Oh,and BTW,is there someone who knows the wiring of a Q45 MAF???

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Jobi Joba said:
Ok,here I explain my problem:

I wanna upgrade my lil' engine, to a 500+ bhp powerplant...cause I'm already bored with my 430ish...

I've already found everything I need to do this upgrade,and the last thing I need to find out is the MAF.

I know the Z32 MAF that I'm currently running will be too small to be accurate enough for 500+ bhp.

I've been told that the Q45 is the one to go for.Ok,no problem,let's find a Q45 MAF...

The problem is I have a Power FC,and it allows me to choose between severl MAF: std, std + induction kit, RB25, Z32 and a 90mm VH41.

Is the VH41 the car with the Q45 engine?

If not,where can I find the response curve of the Q45 MAF?Cause using a datalogit with my PFC,I can change the curve for each MAF,so it will be kinda easy to change the settings of one or another of the predefined MAFs in the PFC.

Oh,and BTW,is there someone who knows the wiring of a Q45 MAF???
VH41 engine is from the Infinity/Maxima which is where the Q45 is from...

:arrow: VG30 - Z32 MAF
:arrow: VH41 - Q45 MAf

Hope that helps...

Rishi

Jobi Joba

trouble is you're both right and wrong...

Q45 and Z32 are chassis codes.VH41 and VG30 are engine codes.

So yes,the VH41 has been fitted in SOME Q45...But it appears that the MAF we really want is the VH45,which is also an engine fitted in Q45s... :?

So basically,the VH41 is not the MAF we want... :cry:

I gonna try to have the response curve of VH45 MAF cause it is still possible to parameter this curve with the datalogit...

If you already have it,let me know. :wink:

Rishi

VH41 and VH45 both use the Q45 MAF... Thats why the Datalogit software only lists the VH41 because the VH45 is just the same...

Rishi

Jobi Joba

RishiGTiR said:
VH41 and VH45 both use the Q45 MAF... Thats why the Datalogit software only lists the VH41 because the VH45 is just the same...

Rishi
Ok...so could you explain why looking at the Voltage to Airflow tables in the Power FC (using the datalogit) it seems that the Q45 doesn't allow to see more airflow than the Z32?

The airflow which makes the Q45 (if it's really the VH41) give its max voltage (about 5V) equals to the airflow which makes the Z32 MAF say 4.7V...

So I was really wondering if the VH41 thing is really the Q45 MAF,and if it is,if the Q45 MAF is really able to read such greater airflow than the Z32 does...

Rishi

Jobi Joba said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi
Ok...so could you explain why looking at the Voltage to Airflow tables in the Power FC (using the datalogit) it seems that the Q45 doesn't allow to see more airflow than the Z32?

The airflow which makes the Q45 (if it's really the VH41) give its max voltage (about 5V) equals to the airflow which makes the Z32 MAF say 4.7V...

So I was really wondering if the VH41 thing is really the Q45 MAF,and if it is,if the Q45 MAF is really able to read such greater airflow than the Z32 does...

Could be to do with what Matty said... Turbo or Non turbo...???

Rishi

mattygti-r

RishiGTiR said:
Jobi Joba said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi

Could be to do with what Matty said... Turbo or Non turbo...???

Rishi
theres 2 types of Q45 AFMs turbo and non turbo

Keira

was it not discussed before that its the internal diametre of the maf body that governs how much airflow is possible before the sensor sees its maximum voltages ?

which i'm led to believe in all cases with nissan is 5volts.

there for you could butcher a standard maf to flow more air or even make up your own to suit your needs using bits of the standard one :?

for a well informed educated answer ( instead of listening to battygtir :wink: :lol: ) you'd probably be better off looking at the maxima forum ( www.maxima.org ) or try to find some info on tuned stageas or look at cedric/glorias which i think all ran a vq35det,

i dont think the maxima ever came boosted from the factory...might be wrong though :? never spent that much time looking into old barges :lol: :lol:

mattygti-r

i assume theres a non turbo and turbo version

as the part numbers vary

there are 2 types of Q45 mafs

z32 mafs, only have one part number

not claiming i know alot about them but thought i would comment

next time i wont bother :roll:

Jobi Joba

Ok,seems the std Q45 MAF which is defined in the PFC is the N/A Q45...

So where could I find turbo Q45 MAF response curve?

Or actually I don't care of where it comes from,but I just need a 500bhp capable MAF,and its response curve to set it up in my PFC...

Kieron:u're right,I could use my Z32 sensor in a 90mm pipe,but once again,I need to redefine all my response curve in my PFC... :?

Gonna ask on the gtr board,to know which MAFs are defined in GTR Power FC...