q45 and safc

gtir_john

im wanting to run a q45 maf and was thinkin bout the safc(old one), im sure it could onlym be set for either standard maf or z32, what problems will i face tryin to wire up a q45, cheers

C

Crazy

From another thread :wink:
You will need to set the 'Sens' parameter. This setting is what determines the MAFS signal type in and out of the unit. You can change this if you are running a different type of MAFS. If you have a std MAFS, then the setting for 'Sens' will be In=5, Out=5. If you are running a Z32 MAFS it's In=2, Out=5 and if, like me, you have gone the whole hog and have a Q45 jammed in under the bonnet, it's In=1, Out=5

The rest of the setup is pretty straightforward on the S-AFC II.

Hope that helps a bit mate, PM Major Sarcasm as he has this set up on his GTiR :)

8)

It should be noted, as far as I know, this setting is identical on the S-AFC & the S-AFC II.

Actually wiring the thing up is probably easier than the Z32. There are 3 wires; the thicker one is the 12v feed and the other two consist of the output signal and the earth, same as the std MAFS. It's pretty obvious which is which.

Hope that helps :D