problems with newly fitted avc-r--plz help

C

chris-b

right just fitted avc-r today. wired in all ok, but having problems with pressure sensor. i have tee-ed in to the orig sensor pipe (on o/s inner wing near batter) were also my defi boost gauge is. the boost reading on the avc-r is way off. its hardly goes into positive boost, mostly staying on a negative vacuum. the defi is showing boost accurately and normal. whats the deal here-- i have orig sensor, defi and avc-r sensor on this pipe.

secondly, i cant get the car to boost further than 0.9 ish bar. it was first set to about 40% duty then now 60% and still roughly the same--- is this becvause of above fault?
all the pipes are connected as per instructions.
any advise would be much appreciated- i wanna go over one bar!
thanks chris

J

jiw

Have you piped it up the correct way? pipes might be on the wrong nipple's, jeff

Shaun

:D Hi mate,i've fit 2 of these so far,and find the best place for the boost sensor is on the bulk head,behind the fuel pressure regulator,so that you can then put the 'T' piece into the vacum hose from the regulator to your boost switch,this way you get the shortest run and no interference from any gauges you have fitted :D Also have you set up the car type :?: i.e 4 cylinders,speed type 2 and throttle type up :?: Then set you boost pressure to what ever you need( if you want 1bar then set the controller to 1.05kg/cm2 as this is the closest)and then set your duty to 53%(i have found this is the best starting point :D

C

chris-b

shaun---this was what i was going to do but figured that pipe still runs of map as does the other pipe. i'm interested, have you found your other gauges etc to interfere?
cant figure it out!
just been for hour long rag-no matter what duty its set too it wont go above .09-0.95 bar
and the boost reading on the avc-r is showing about +0.2 on full boost!

Shaun

:D Hi Chris,might sound a silly question mate,but here goes,is the boost pressure switch facing downwards :?:

Shaun

:D Also mate, as Memski said,have you checked that the sensor type is on relative1 :?: The only other thing i can suggest is that you double check the pipeing on the solenoid mate :wink:

C

chris-b

yeah all setting ok- and sensor is right way around.
gonna have another look later.. thanks for now.. i let you no!

C

chris-b

an upadate.. just reset unit and re-entred all details etc and now pressure sensor working!!??!!

so now it hould start 'learnig and boost willl be adjustable... :?

Shaun

:D Glad you've sorted it mate :D To get mine learned in 1 run i set the boost pressure,drove about as normal for the day(very little boosting)then got onto the local private runway :D into 4th gear as quick as possible (40mph)and buried the throttle :wink: Took it to 95mph and it had learned :D

C

chris-b

yeah cool mate..gonna do that tommoro!
to get it to learn do you just set it and leave it in monitor mode?
thanks for your help mate--was a bit odd wasnt it!!!
chris 8)

Shaun

:D Def a strange one mate :D Yes mate,leave it in monitor mode once you have set the boost and duty,and it makes it easier if you have a passenger to read the AVCR for you :D If it spikes, then dont panic,just back off the throttle a little,then straight back on :D The AVCR might spike at first but as you go along it counts down from the spike i.e.Set to 1kg/cm2 it might spike to 1.07 and then as you continue to accelerate it will count down 1.06,1.05,1.02,1.00kgcm2 :D This is how its learning :D