Problem on boost?

A

Andybtsn

Put my foot down today in second and at about 6k, there were like backfiring noises coming from under me, but more under the rear seats.

If it was to backfire you would of thought you wouldn't feel the "rumble" under me, also the car was not smooth when in boost, it was a bit chuntery.

Hard to explain, might find more symtoms when driving it more, but it happened in 2nd and 3rd. Only occured today.

Any ideas?

J

justin666

Has it been raining round your way recently.???? Check the spark plugs wells for water :)

Alternatively, New plugs, leads, Dizzy cap, Rota Arm etc may help as well as checking the plug gaps.

Im still gonna go for water in the plug well 1 tho ;)

J.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
its normal to backfire! scares off small children and old people, its scary when you first hear it but its just overfuelling. it has a walbro fitted, has had new plugs, leads etc. would check for water in the no1 plug hole as stated.

paz

Yup either water in the plug(s) or a missfire which can usually be solved by changing plugs/leads etc. I'm going to do a full overhall when mine comes out of the garage and do the dizzy cap and rotor arm as well :)

Paz