Power Steering Woes

Danny S R

Was out with a lady friend the other day when my power steering fluid decided to leak all over the car park :lol: :oops: anyway sorted the hose but am i right in thinking that it takes automatic transmission fluid, and how much?

real worry is tho that i have had to drive the car a short distance will i have fucked my pump?

antgtir

Danny S R said:
Was out with a lady friend the other day when my power steering fluid decided to leak all over the car park :lol: :oops: anyway sorted the hose but am i right in thinking that it takes automatic transmission fluid, and how much?

real worry is tho that i have had to drive the car a short distance will i have broken my pump?
Im not 100% sure but im sure there is specific fluid for power steering :?

I dont think the drive will have done any damage as the bearings are a sealed unit and i dont think the pump relies on the fluid to cool it as far as i know, but may be wrong.

Ant.

ki_saj_ng

you could put in some power steering restorer along with the fluid for peace of mind, could have damaged something cos of it being dry but the restorer should sort it out.

O

Odin

antgtir said:

You numpty :roll: :lol: .

Just uses automatic transmission fluid :wink: .

rob

antgtir

vpulsar said:
antgtir said:

You numpty :roll: :lol: .

Just uses automatic transmission fluid :wink: .

rob

Nothing like a good bit of contradiction lol :roll: :p :lol:

You learn something new everyday, well i do lol

Danny S R

Will my local motor factors have power steering restorer in then?

cheers for the advice boys! apart from you vpulsar! :lol:

Danny S R

Thanks for the help boys, and yes you too Vpulsar, sorted it out the other nite pump is fine, but that bloody bolt near the oil filter....! :evil: :lol: