Power FC with Z32 MAF & 700 injectors

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Who else on here uses the above combination and uses the Datalogit/FC Edit software.

Basically I'm after the injector lag setting.

I do realise that I should be able to work it all out if I have the lag of the standard 444 injectors and the lag on the 700 injectors I plan to fit, the problem is I don't have the details neccessary.

So what would the lag be on a 700 cc inj (on average) and what is he lag on the standard 444 cc inj, or if you have the datalogit software is it possible you could PM/email me a copy of the map (.dat file) so I can see the various settings used.

Steve

T

The Troll

GINGA said:
Got mine fitted yesterday though haven't actually driven car yet as got a few other things left to do yet.
Had great fun at first as fitted it setup for z32 maf and 700cc injectors started car ran sweet 8) switch off after a few seconds as it was just a test to see if it worked then restarted it about 30mins later to find it was now running like a bag of shit popping banging missing etc after lots of head scratching (and swearing :oops: ) I found I'd set the injector settings wrong and had basically flooded it lol so with the injector settings set correct and the plugs cleaned all is well again 8)

So to stop anybody else making the same mistake when fitting larger injectors you have to (700cc sards used as a example)
share the standard sized injectors by the uprated size injectors to get the percentage size
so 485/750= 0.646 = 64.6% (or as close as you can get it)
then you have to minus the standard injector ms from the uprated injector ms
0.96-0.77= 0.19ms

and the settings on the pfc should look like this
No 1 64% +0.19ms and the same for the other 3 injectors leaving the remaining 2 injector settings(wtf :?: ) as they were :wink:

And if your wondering why i've used 485cc as the standard injector size thats because thats the size on the injector at our fuel pressure as stated on the injector setting link on this topic :shock:

I shall be having a play around with it some more once i've got my gauges in the car to monitor the situation a bit more as i've got most of its functions figured out now :D

Update :!: 64% was way to rich lol even 58% was a touch rich to mine are now on 55% :wink:
;-)

GINGA

Sorry Steve didn't save any of the old maps, but then you really didn't want to be using my old maps for anything apart from how not to map a engine :lol: