os giken twinplate clutches

nismoboy

ive had a quick look at it and i reccon it will fit, its just the bearing needs to be closer to the cover, ive spoken to a few companies and they all seem to say the stock bearing works fine with 0s clutches but it does look like it needs modding by spacing the release bearing forward,

anyone else had this problem?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I used a standard bearing a few years ago, but never again, it seemed to breakdown very quickly, it could have just been a shit bearing I suppose but it really didn't last long at all.
Some time later I was chatting to Ian (Hiteq) about it and he said that he has loads of people coming in with the same problem. He showed me the bearing and the bearing sits in this alloy carrier that is different to the OEM release bearing, then on leaving he said I could have it an didn't charge me a bean :-D

nismoboy

stevepudney said:
I used a standard bearing a few years ago, but never again, it seemed to breakdown very quickly, it could have just been a shit bearing I suppose but it really didn't last long at all.
Some time later I was chatting to Ian (Hiteq) about it and he said that he has loads of people coming in with the same problem. He showed me the bearing and the bearing sits in this alloy carrier that is different to the OEM release bearing, then on leaving he said I could have it an didn't charge me a bean :-D
nice one steve, i`ll give him a call, thanks

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Bosso said:
Is Ian on this forum?
Yes, but post posted in ages :cry:

he goes under the user name Ian.H

nismoboy said:
nice one steve, i`ll give him a call, thanks
If you "google" UK OS Giken dealer or OS Giken release bearing you will find a few that sell the parts you definitely should not be without in the UK, I know R. B. Motorsport is one of the places you might be lucky.

It's the release bearing for the TS2B-D I believe you need.

Last edited: