Optimax ?

A

Anonymous

The car i had before was a fiat cinquecento sporting :shock: ............. :oops: but when i put optimax in it, the revs dropped loads and the car sounded really lumpy my friend put optimax in his and it did the same since then i've never used it.
I heard alot of people use optimax & super unleaded on this site whats the deal Is it worth putting it in, is it better :?: it won't do the same to my new car will it?

Soz if this is a crap question Just asking cuz i don't want to fuc*k it up :roll: :oops: :oops:

A

Anonymous

mepulsar said:
I heard alot of people use optimax & super unleaded on this site whats the deal Is it worth putting it in, is it better :?: it won't do the same to my new car will it?
if your car has just come off the boat from japan,then it is prob still set up for the better grade of jap fuel and you should use optimax.

if you don`t know if your car has been set up to run on our unleaded fuel,then i suggest it would be best to use optimax.

if you use normal unleaded in a car that`s set up for 100 ron jap fuel and give it some stick,you risk getting detonation which can destroy piston(s) in seconds.

take the car to a tuner and get it set up for our fuel,be it either 95 or 98 ron,and just to be on the safe side,use optimax(98 ) until then.

A

Anonymous

i never knew it could damage the engine that much :oops:

So in japan they use 100 ron as std?

what is involved in getting the car set up for a specific type fuel?

I going to put optimax in ASAP !!

A

Anonymous

mepulsar said:

what is involved in getting the car set up for a specific type fuel?
it`s just a case of retarding the ignition and won`t take very long to do.that`s why the pulsars made 227bhp and the sunny only made 220bhp as std.

A

Anonymous

mepulsar said:
They can get 103 oct fuel for the pumps (iirc) so you should get it down to a tuner and have it set up for uk (sh*t) fuel. I think they will check the timing, etc but dont quote me on that!

Dunc

J

Jon T

In the US their main fuel is 92 ron.

I think that's why it's so cheap, almost straight out of the ground!

A

Anonymous

As far as I know the US has a differant rating system makeing their 92 the same as our 97 (iirc)

Dunc

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The US have PON on their pumps, Pump Octane Number, which is an average or RON and MON, so the RON is higher than the PON.

A

Anonymous

Duncan said:
As far as I know the US has a differant rating system makeing their 92 the same as our 97 (iirc)
do the yanks not use mon instead of ron :?:

A

Anonymous

Re: fuel

dannyboy said:
whats the score with octane booster then lads?
depending on which octane booster you use,you get an extra 2-3 ron points ie 40 litres of 95 ron unleaded plus a bottle of millers octane booster gets you almost a full tank of 97-98 ron unleaded.

if your car is set up to run on optimax/super unleaded/98 ron fuel and you can`t get any,a tank of normal unleaded and a bottle of millers lets you drive as you normally would without the fear of getting det.i always carry a bottle or two just in case as i don`t like turning the boost down :twisted: