oil temp gauge creeping up.

M

m34ts_pulsar

hi just wondering if anybody else has this with there R.

ive had a recent engine and oil change.. when i got my R back the oil temp was a bit below half.. which is fine, about 2 weeks ago i took it to stoke cruise and did a couple of fast starts and on the way home i noticed it had creeped to just slightly under half, but it just stayed like that so thought nothing of it, last nite i took it out for a spin proberly did about 110mph but not for long then when i got home i realised it had crept again (but only ever so slightly) to just a fraction over half.

it might be something or nothing but just wanted to know if anybody had any ideas?

nice one AL.;-)

M

m34ts_pulsar

just checked water and it was pretty low so ive topped it up, will the temp go down by itself? its funny coz even over nite the temp just stays put where it was.

T

Trust-R

temperature should go down by itself, your low water level porbably caused it
refer to that link
very useful stuff

M

m34ts_pulsar

rite, i think its the gauge which which is fooked!... the gauge constantly sits on about 110 and never goes down (even when i turn the engine off and leave overnight) but sometimes when i put my foot down for a bit or do a few fast starts it creeps up even more (but only a fration!)!! my water is fine, my oil is up to level and so is my coolant.. it has to be this rite? or could it be something more serious??

oldaneal

if its reading that hot when its first turned on could either be the guage or the sensor would think more likely the sensor or wireing thou

M

m34ts_pulsar

rite.. ill have to have a look coz it doin my head in!! is it a job i could do myself you think? ive never takin apart my pulsar before, i normally take it too nobles and they sort it out for me.