oil separator???

daz

question on the forge oil separator........ why would oil still be getting into the inlet side of the turbo from the 'dry side' of the separator??? hence its not separating the oil from the air ?? if you get me kinda hard to explain :roll:

pic for reference to show that i fitted it right :roll:

C

chrislloydus

looks fitted right as you say.
Did you clean the pipe into the turbo when you fitted the seperator i.e. this is definately 'new' oil ?
Only other thing i can think of is if there was a blockage inside the seperator, and it was actually full. Is oil coming out of the return to the sump ?

MrMischief

Mine did that too...Dave @ AWD noticed it while it was getting the new clutch put in, he connected them up differently and it's fine.

I've not got the car here to take a pic at the mo'....but will get one some point this week.

daz

gonna say could do with a pic to see how hes done it and also yes its def new oil as i have fitted new i/c and piping and new turbo after fitting that 8)

jonee

r

nice engine bay 8)

the lower pipe out of the seperater goe's to were cause i can't make it out from your picture.

jonee

MrMischief

daz said:
gonna say could do with a pic to see how hes done it and also yes its def new oil as i have fitted new i/c and piping and new turbo after fitting that 8)
Here's a pic I have online from the FOR SALE section...bit of a plug :wink:

Not sure that the piping's very clear...sorry.

I'll take a closer pic next time I'm at the car.
The black hose goes to where you have your blanking pipe fitted on the cam cover, and the blanking pipe is on the intake where your top right separator hose goes.

Does that make sense :? :roll: :lol:

Effectively, it doesn't dump anything at all back into the intake route, but it does separate the oil out and circulates it back into the sump.

I'm assuming it's just a swirl-pot inside, when it's hooked up according to Forge's instructions the first exit is the pipe on the right (at the top) which leads to the intake and oil will find it's way there - BAD!!

I'll ask Forge about this as they post a lot on www.seatcupra.net

Steve