No heat from heater

GTIR-LOZ

typical it starts getting cold outside so i put the old heaters on and bugger me - nothing :shock:
i do get hot air from them but only when driving, when in traffic or at idle i get just cold air, any ideas :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Faulty thermostat? Blocked heater matrix?
:idea: The belt between the heater and the road wheels has snapped? :p :wink:

GTIR-LOZ

im just wondering why i am getting the air when im moving, but not when stationary, if im moving and i stop it goes cold again, so cant be thermostat,

what belt is this then??? :?

GTIR-LOZ

thought it had fixed itself but to no luck, though i still seem to get hot air to the footwells

seems to get quite hot when moving, and my air con wernt on, but it does work well

C

chrislloydus

with the ignition ON (not the engine) adjust the temperature slider from full cold to full hot. Can you hear an electric motor running ? There is a stepper motor that moves a flap to control the flow of hot/cold air under the heater. It always fails in the COLD position.

Check it out and let us know

Chris

GTIR-LOZ

i tried that and i can hear a whiring noise as if the stepper motor is working, but none when back to cold, also on the way home tonight the heater was on the screen, it was hot, but there was a bit of cold air comming out from the face vents

A

Anonymous

you will still get cold air out the front vents due to that leaver on the right hand side. turn it to shut to stop the cold air.

Dan