new dumpvalve, no sound!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys

previously had a hks ssq bov on the car which worked fine. Then one day noticed that it had stopped whoosing! Ok i thought, dumpvalve faulty, just bought a new forge dumpvalve, fitted it today, went down the road expecting load whoosh, NOTHING!!!

boost seems normal, wastegate chatter, but nothing else.

Any ideas?

Cheers
J

N

Norfy

check your vacuum hose to the dumpy. if in doubt, T off from somewhere else and try that.

also, with the bonnet up, get the car warm, rev it up high, and put your hand near the exit port of the dumpy to see if any air is being forced out.

Norfy

If all is ok and it just isn't very loud ring forge tell em it's not working very well and they will send you a softer spring to put in it which makes it louder :!:

R

Rotta

Norfy said:
check your vacuum hose to the dumpy. if in doubt, T off from somewhere else and try that.

also, with the bonnet up, get the car warm, rev it up high, and put your hand near the exit port of the dumpy to see if any air is being forced out.

Norfy
is this the hose that comes off the gold pin on my sqv cos its come off and all im getting is wastegate chatter, where does it go to/from and where can i get one?

N

Norfy

you will have a small pipe on the back of the sqv next to the tuning nut/bolt, if there isnt a vacuum hose on this pipe, then thats your problem.

there should be a vacuum hose loose in your engine bay if its not connected.

the standard dumpy has a large bore vac hose going to it (about 4mm int. dia. and 10mm ext. dia.), think this comes from behnd the inlet manifold, cant quite remember. will ave a look later.

you could always T off one of the other vac hoses if you get stuck. but u gotta find the original hose really just incase its floating around not connected to anythin, wil make your car run a bit rough.