New Battery

hmmm

Hi

I made a new post for this as the other one was in problem solving.

I am going to get a new battery for my r and have been advised that a K10 Micra battery will do the trick.

Will this K10 battery fit in to the tray and will i need to change the battery terminal connecters?

If I decide to get a heavy duty UK battery and get a tray from the scrappy...then will I need to change the terminal connecters and are there any batteries that you would recommend?

thanks

youngsyp

I had to change mine last week. I got the Micra one, 260 cca i think, from Halfords for £39.99 and a 3 year warruntee. You can get a heavy duty one, 390 cca i think, for the Micra. It looked like it would fit the tray without the white plastic tray in there and was only £10 more i think. On neither one would you have to change the terminals, as they give you little lead jackets to go round the posts to fit other cars !
As for fitting a different heavy duty battery, I would have thought that you would have to fit different terminals to be able to do it.

Cheers

Paul

00sid

alright mate, that battery is a dry lead cell and is for racing it will be ok to crank over the engine but will be no good to run to many other electrical things. this is becauce it is small and light 6kg and does not hold much charge.

if u want a good battery u should try an optmia yellow top. they are a gell duel cycle battery which hold alot of charge.

hmmm

The Optima batteries are bit too expensive for me. The DMS 25 battery should be ok for a amp and 12 inch sub should't it?

hmmm

Bought a UK Sunny Heavy Duty Delphi battery. Managed to get hold of UK battery bracket, frame, tray and screws. Now the only problem is that the terminals are too small to fit around the UK Sunny battery :(

Halfords should sell the correct terminals right? and are they easy to change?

Thanks

JIMMYBACK

yes mate they are a piece of piss to fit they r about 2 pound each terminal just strip the wire and screw them on :D jobs a gooden

hmmm

I was thinking about getting the UK terminals (from a regular Sunny) from a scrappy with the fusabe link connected. Then just connect it up to my car as the 2 connections that go in to the fusable link come out. Would this work?

hmmm

the battery is sorted.

The old battery that came out from the car had this written on it

Pospiac Power Plus
Calcium Hybrid Technology
12 volts
35 AH
C.C.A 255 (SAE)
Deta Batteries, Alfreton, Derbyshire, UK

The new battery is

Delphi Freedom
BEO55 21
55AH
12 volts ( I think)
C.C.A 570 (EN) which is around 555 (SAE)

So you can see that the new battery is a lot more powerful and is the one that is listed for the UK spec GTi-R.

Got the battery frame and hooks from a scrappy for £2. Got the bracket, plastic tray and four screws from Nissan as all the ones in the scrappy were bent or broken which cost around £15 (the jap spec ones did not fit).

Also had to get new terminal clamps from Halfords as the Jap ones were to small to fit around the new battery. The terminals were connected as shown in the pics below.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else decides to upgrade their battery :)

Rav

i bought a new battery today £79.99 from halfords.

i jus took my old one in there and in found a heavy duty replacement and a 4 year guarantee. (doubt i will have the car that long)

hmmm

Iis your R a Jap spec or UK spec

This Delphi battery is a heavy duty one with a 3 year Instant Replacement guarantee. Got it for £70 from the local Motor Factors. :)

skiddusmarkus

I bought a Red Top 25 recently-it only weighs 6kg and has about 600amps cranking power but isn't suited for everyday use and I'm is a bit of a gamble really.Only one way to find out if it works ok :D .