Need a new gauge but what one ?

Godzilla

If already got boost/voltage/oil temp/oil pressure but have a spare pod on my a pillar
So what would be worth getting I'm thinking either water temp/fuel pressure/afr , the latter two probly being the hardest to hook up messing with fuel ,any other suggestions or would one of the above be more benificial . Thanks Gaz

P

pulsarboby

yes afr gauge is very very handy, or egt gauge is another very handy one as it will let you know your ex temp and just so happens i have one for sale lol

M

mynheers_a_pint

is a narrow band AFR really worth the effort though? FWIW narrow band is always the cheap AFR gauge you see and is, in my eyes, near on worthless. it's just another pretty gauge that flashes about a lot.

Wideband is the way forward or failing that EGT. Either will genuinely save your engine if something were to go awry. However, the necessity of either, really depends on how modified the car is. If you're running standard boost+ecu there is little value in either.

neither option are cheap when compared to the likes of an oil pressure/water temp gauge.

Down to you really the only one i use at the moment is my care-o-meter.

Please note the position of Pie. this is where i start to give a shit.

:lol:

Godzilla

mynheers_a_pint- i only need one as i have a spare pod and it will look better than just being empty,

as for mods its the usual 1bar with mods etc, so not massive power but about 320bhp ish,

bob do u have any pics or at least the colour of them face in daylight also at night, also it has to be 52mm forgot that bit also can you pm me price all in lol ,

email is gazFTOv6@yahoo.co.uk or just post on here

dont think il go with the afr as iv seen the price diffence between narrowband/wideband and it looks like narrowband arent really worth useing

Last edited:

darkyGTI-R

What about a nice clock you know tell the time clock lmao:lol:

Just jesting with you all what do I know lol:lol:

geoff pine

Looks like water temp is the best option unless your willing to spend over £200 what make are the other two gauges

Godzilla

geoff-not got that far yet iv got 3 plasma ones in the middle and a swoosh boost one so dont really matter what make i get

P

pulsarboby

well the hks egt kit i would do for £80 but it is 60mm gauge and has white face so not much good to you i guess

Godzilla

no guess nor bob never mind are egt ok at getting close to a reading as im been looking at the afr and unless u get an expensive wideband one its a waste of money are egt the same

P

pulsarboby

no egt is a temperature sensor where as afr gauge is completely different (as in wideband and narrowband)