My first Quarter

D

DOT2DOT

While spectating at a local track day yesterday, the opertunity arose to do a quarter mile run. Was only a £5er so I decided to give it a go.
My sunny is a Uk spec and is standard apart from a full mongoose system.
On the first run, i missed 3rd gear and got a 14.00 dead.
The second run I got through all the gears and got a time of 13.68.
I was pretty chuffed with the time, but what do you guys think?

stugtir

13.6 is about right mate! :wink: 8) :D

up the boost a tad and you should see it running low 13's maybe even a high 12!!

stu

D

DOT2DOT

I would have been happy with the 14. There were a couple of guys in skylines and cossies with slower times. Had a few quid spent on them and the owners wernt to happy to hear that my car is almost standard. Cant wait till USC now. :D

niklock1

Im planning a trip to pod when i get a wk end off i fancy a try at the quarter mile . what should i take it to in first gear ? :?:

LOU ROB

DOT2DOT said:
Cant wait till USC now. :D
I'll be in the area on sat night on a member of familys wedding do so i'll be there on the sunday on the way home :D 8)
I'll be runing on the day :twisted:

Quality time though mate 8)

A

andyz

what rpm should you hold at the start in a standard gtir for a good launch?

D

DOT2DOT

Fast Guy said:
That's a good time, do you have an induction kit on as well?
Nope, its 100% original apart from mongoose straight through + bailey dv.

@LouRob - Hopefully get a chance to see you there then!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine's got an Apexi induction kit on as well as the mongoose. I did stick a Forge front mount on for 4bhp :p , other than that it's standard engine wise :)

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Mine's got an Apexi induction kit on as well as the mongoose. I did stick a Forge front mount on for 4bhp :p , other than that it's standard engine wise :)
and how much torque? mmmmmmmm? :mrgreen:

good going dot2dot :wink:

P

petegtir

damn.. well into the 12's with less than 250bhp :shock:
isnt yours a dakar? does the short box help up the 1/4?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
Abit :wink:

petegtir said:
Yep, it's the RB :wink: the box does help, but it also adds an extra gearchange so I go over the line well into 5th gear.

D

DOT2DOT

Bet its a cnut for motorway though?

@Hillbilly - Yes will be looking forward to getting a run up the road with you. Hopefully ill get another couple of mods done.

P

petegtir

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
Abit :wink:

petegtir said:
Yep, it's the RB :wink: the box does help, but it also adds an extra gearchange so I go over the line well into 5th gear.
what torque mods have you done then? how can i up my torque without adding more power?
longer inlet pipe?

cheers
pete

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The front mount upped torque abit, but I'm not sure it's a much as the rolling road graph makes out as the peak power is in such a different place. If I photoshopped the pictures to put peak power in the same place, the torque increase wouldn't be so big.

marcus_g

your times are all good i ran my standard pulsar and got 15.5 it was a really hot day tho don't know if that makes a difference, i was pretty gutted cos my pug 106 ran 15.9, any ideas why it's running so slow or should i learn how to drive it, it's running at about 5-6psi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
marcus_g said:
your times are all good i ran my standard pulsar and got 15.5 it was a really hot day tho don't know if that makes a difference, i was pretty gutted cos my pug 106 ran 15.9, any ideas why it's running so slow or should i learn how to drive it, it's running at about 5-6psi
A hot day shouldn't make that much difference. You have a problem.
Do a fault code check as it sounds like your det sensor maybe kicking in causing the ecu to cut boost. Then consider starting a new thread in problem solving if you need to. :wink: