Misfiring??

Sweeny

zia said:
what injectors are you using and at what duty cycle? is it mapped with the fc? is it constant missfire right from start up to peak rev range?

zia
Im running it in at the mo with std ecu, maf and injectors, but bug turbo etc. Yes its a constant misfire :? .

zia

possibilty might be that with bigish turbo you,re pumping more air than the stock ecu can handle i.e interms of cfm to feul ratio? and that the no 4 might have run lean? perhaps cause det? or the rings have not be run in suffcient enough which coupled with boost has caused lift off from cylindar wall? these all speculation until you pull injector out and try swapping it? or use bore scope to check piston head?

zia

Sweeny

zia said:
possibilty might be that with bigish turbo you,re pumping more air than the stock ecu can handle i.e interms of cfm to feul ratio? and that the no 4 might have run lean? perhaps cause det? or the rings have not be run in suffcient enough which coupled with boost has caused lift off from cylindar wall? these all speculation until you pull injector out and try swapping it? or use bore scope to check piston head?

zia
:x your posts always worry me zia :lol: , swapping the injector over later, so will find out.

Sweeny

Right, just swapped the injector over, and tried to start it and the battery's dead :x .

So i tried jumpin it and it wouldn't even start :evil: .

I took the plugs out and they are all soaked in fuel, so the injector seems to be working fine now.

I took a lead off and put a spair plug in it and it doesn't seem to be sparking right. The spark seems to be really weak and is going to the side of the plug instead of to the tip. Could this be the ignition amp thats goosed :?:

zia

what gaps are on the plugs? the spark will take the short,est path to earth so wouldn,t be conserned about it,s not hitting plug tip, but the spark should be good and strong (blue/orange) provding the battery is fully charged? and the coil is in good nick. if you remove the injector and crank the injector into cup/glass note the amount of feul injected and that it sprays rather than drooling.

zia

Sweeny

zia said:
but the spark should be good and strong (blue/orange) provding the battery is fully charged?
zia
The spark is very weak, only just visible, but my battery is dead. I was jumping it off another car tho :? .

Sweeny

Changed the ignition amp, and it fired up stright away, but still missing. So getting rather annoyed now. I took the rocker cover off and found a rocker had jumped off :shock: , and wasn't damaged, and i even found both shims too. But the castlated shim had a little prong thingy missing, And to add to my joy, i also found the bit that broke off the shim :D , so no real damage done in the end, even tho its strange why it jumped off at around 6k revs (maybe shimmed up too tight) I think i'm in need of some rocker arm stoppers - anyone know of any for sale??

zia

well done mate for finding the cause of the problem, which one,s jumped out exhaust side or inlet?

zia