Lumpy bouncing idle

paz

From time to time, from start up, my R's idle is slightly lumpy and seems to 'bounce' slightly, the difference in the revs must only be about 10rpm, but it seems to move between like 900 and 910rpm.... it sorts itself out after a while.

Any ideas on the problem or is it just my R's idling personality coming though?

paz

Stevo

check pluggs, and clean AFM sensor!!!
maybe spray some carb cleaner in the inlet mainfold while engine is warm and idle it @ 2500 rpm.

paz

Cheers Stevo, shall try it.

Kyepan - AFAIK its running standard cams, mate of mine had it for 3 years before me and he thinks its got standard internals.

Paz

O

Olly

Just check your blanking plugs are still there, between throttle bodies and head. they do blow off sometimes. 8)

E

Edd

mine idles like this, bit lumpy i put it down slightly to the cams but might just be summit else f*cked on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

paz

Cheers Olly :wink:

Edd - your confidence in your diagnosis is really reasuring... honest :lol: :lol:

Paz

A

Anonymous

lumpy

:? elloooo um, mine was a bit lumpy when i got her and sinse i put a baily evo dump valve on her shes a bit pissed off with me and has started running lumpy at iddle, but fine when you drive her, so i dont know if this might help, just babling realy...

paz

Re: lumpy

do2er said:
:? elloooo um, mine was a bit lumpy when i got her and sinse i put a baily evo dump valve on her shes a bit pissed off with me and has started running lumpy at iddle, but fine when you drive her, so i dont know if this might help, just babling realy...
:lol: Thanks for the random babble fella ;) lol

paz