low temp fan switch?

K

KrissJ

My fan switch is currently turning my fans on at too high a temp (about 2/3-3/4 up the water temp gauge!) and so its overheating. Nissan don't do a lower temperature fan switch.

Can I get a low temerature fan switch from annywhere and are they easy to fit? Or, could I rig up a manual switch I can operate from in the car but keep the original fan switch (just incase I forgot to turn them on), or bypass the fan switch altogether so they're on all the time or would this damage them?

Also, what temp are the fans supposed to come on at and what temp doe sit sound like mine are coming on at by my description?

Afew questions but many thanks to those that are able to answer! :D

K

KrissJ

Come on, someone must have some ideas or have tried/thought of the same thing at some point in the past

O

Olly

I believe the fans are switched on by the ECU and they normally cut in at half way temperature ish (once you have been idling a while typically) sounds to me from your postings that you either have a blocked rad or a big air lock, possibly 8)

K

KrissJ

Cheers Olly, I've actually cleaned my rad out so I know its not that and I bled the system properly so there shouldn't be any airlocks, but I'm not sure how I'd check/rectify it if there was.

I thought it was a regular fan switch that operated them as they're sold by Nissan. If they are operated as you say though, could it be something wrong with my ecu that's making them cut in late? I know of a company that does custom mapping for not too much money and they're apparently good so I could go to them and hopefully get closer to curing the problem :?