low boost problems

B

beast14

I can't pass 0.4bar boost for the life of me!

All vacuum hoses are ok. I put in a new turbo and actuator a few months and it was working fine and all of a sudden i'm only getting 0.4bar. I have a blitz dsbc boost controller that seems to be ok (i checked the solenoids). ATM I don't have any vacuum hoses connected to the std. boost solenoid. Could that be a problem? Or is it possible that my actuator is stuck? I disconnected the actuator vacuum hose and still only 0.4bar. If the actuator is stuck, can it be repaired or would I have to replace it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nigell_d6

Hi,

I assume you have checked all pipes and dump valve for leakage.

Have you checked all the boost controls and set back to standard to see what boost you are making other options are actuator, measure the actuator rod length acurately, disconnect waste gate and ensure it is not stuck, also is the tubby spooling up, and finaly which is a bit more drastic and to check after everything else is make sure there is no crack in the wastegate seat, removal of exhaust etc. im afraid. This is quite common depending on tubby and also type of driving, more learned persons will no doubt have other things to say,

I run the dsbc with no problems and, the standard boost solenoid sits in the garage,

regards

Nigel

B

beast14

Nigell_d6 said:
Hi,

I assume you have checked all pipes and dump valve for leakage.

Have you checked all the boost controls and set back to standard to see what boost you are making other options are actuator, measure the actuator rod length acurately, disconnect waste gate and ensure it is not stuck, also is the tubby spooling up, and finaly which is a bit more drastic and to check after everything else is make sure there is no crack in the wastegate seat, removal of exhaust etc. im afraid. This is quite common depending on tubby and also type of driving, more learned persons will no doubt have other things to say,

I run the dsbc with no problems and, the standard boost solenoid sits in the garage,

regards

Nigel
How do I check the dump valve for leakage? I have a Turbo Xs Type-H...
I took the dsbc off and still only getting 0.4bar. I have the GT2871R which is spooling...just not getting the right boost...

B

beast14

low boost probs.

I checked the actuator with a pump and the rod moves ok. I then decided to check the intercooler plumbing and would you believe that the piping between the tubby and the IC was virtually shredded underneath the hose clamp! I fixed it temporarily and got back my boost!

Thanks!