Launching the pulsar

LeeSmith

what's the best way to Launch the pulsar, apart from the throwing it off a cliff like i feel like doing sometimes?

I'm only want to launch it occasionally, I know it's not safe to do, but what's the best way that's gonna cause the least amount of damage with the best possible outcome? I've never tried it before tbh, I've had it 3 years and been too considerate i think....

rayman75

hold it at 5k then drop the clutch, thats how i do it.

O yeah how is dave getting on?? let him know his R is still going strong with no probs.

LeeSmith

LOL I've never taken it above 3k pulling away!

Dave's all moved in with his GF now i believe (the reason 4 selling!!) haven't seen him for ages now.
But when i do I'll let him know :wink:

MarkTurbo

LeeSmith said:
LOL I've never taken it above 3k pulling away!
You big girls blouse :lol: I hold it at around 5.5-6k then let the clutch up very quickly :wink: I would sidestep it but i wouldnt want to leave bits of gearbox all over the road :lol:

LeeSmith

MarkTurbo said:
You big girls blouse :lol: quote]

HAHAHA!! cheers MATE :)

well, after a 3 gearbox rebuilds, a transfer box and eventually a new gearbox I thought I'd better not push my luck!!!!

LOL! I tried my 1st launch :shock: held it at 5k & lifted the clutch up pretty damn quickly & FOOK ME, all 4 wheels span, the car twitched a little to the side and I left my arsehole behind and where the fook is the limiter??? hit 8k sh!t better change gear! had to snatch 2nd gear bloomin fast, then BOOM, huge flame from the goose (felt like i got kicked in the back when it exploded!) That was awesome :twisted:

quite honestly, I shat my pants......

F

fiecos dan

6k and drop.

never blown a box like that, cos the helix organic clutch slips slightly. with over 100 launches, on 260-330 bhp at different stages.

where as my cossie, clutch wont slip, so 7250 rpm, and drop the clutch, and alot of wheel spin.