Knocking sound

chrisniss91

Just been out in the car and i have now picked up a rather loud knocking sound coming from the drivers side engine or inner wing :? When i accelerate and lift off the throttle it knocks loudly 2-3 times.
I turned the car off and pushed up and down on the shock, No noise at all, any other ideas. :?:
I have checked under teh car nothing obvious :cry:

Keira

Have you done anything to it lately ?

Could be the exhaust banging against something ?

Or worn engine mount maybe ?

chrisniss91

Nope i havent done anything. I went out init to try and pin point the noise and it's gone :) Which is good but i wanna know what it was so i know if theres a future problem

Timur 008

mine does the same noise also m8!

it has been bothering me for a while, then the other day i found out what it was!! its the front bumper.. when it moves makes a knocking noise - easly sorted. (try moving it from yours just to check if it is the same thing?)

if it ain't this, me feel sorry for you - it might be wheel bearings.

Keira

Jack the car up and try rocking the wheel, if it wobbles about abit chances are its a wheel bearing, you normally hear them rumbling when they go.

B

big boy

have you checked the os engine mount they normally brake up!

chrisniss91

Finally found it yesterday, looked at the brakes and one or too of teh brake hoses is loose and knocking the wheel, i have brake fluid all over my wheels and i have to get the car to ND on saturday :cry:

zia

do you mean the rubber flexi? if yes then just get some braided hoses and fit it your self it easy all you need is some spanners.

zia

p.s if it leaking fluid don,t drive it :shock:

chrisniss91

Were can i get them from? Braided or standard parts, i need them on the car by saturday morning. Do Nissan stock standard hoses :?:

GTIR-LOZ

you will have to bleed the brakes as well though mate as you will be letting in a sh1t load of air when you change the pipe and ruin it, if you get really stuck i have a set of original hoses, but they have been off the car for a few months now, so might not be too great, but last check they didnt leak 8)