intermittent heater problem

E

Edd

when the car was put back together noticed that on the coldest setting it was blowing hot air in still :cry:

however when i moved it hotter, the air got progressivley hotter and then cooler as i turned it cooler, but was still warm air on the coldest setting

so i left it turned off and on coldest setting

one day i happened to turn it on and the air was nice and cold :shock: however sometimes its warm again :?

it was blowing cold in stationary traffic so know its not a cold airflow problem

car is bled and no airlocks

any idea?

Curtis

Have you got the slider heat control or the buttons?
If its the slider type might be something as simple as the cable getting caught up or fallen out of the clip under the dash?

Curtis

No need to rip it out! :shock:
Get ya head up under the passenger side and you should be able to see a black cable coming from the centre console held in a clip. If you unclip it and unhook the wire from the back of the heater unit check that the cable inside the black plastic outer moves freely in and out! :oops:
It maybe that the clip is not holding the outer shielding very well so the whole thing moves rather than just the cable inside if you get what I mean... :wink:

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
any idea?
Yeah, your car is a shed :shock: :lol:

What is it with your car? Everything seems to be falling off or not working at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol:

This section should be renamed to "Problem solving (on Edd's car)" :wink: :twisted:

E

Edd

might have summit to do with fact it was left rotting in a shed for 4 months :evil:

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
might have summit to do with fact it was left rotting in a shed for 4 months :evil:
Might have something to do with it :roll: I forgot about that :oops:

I did mean to add a sensible response just now but i forgot that too :lol: On my car the cable from the hot/cold slider to the lever on top the heater unit has snapped so mine just blows whatever temperature air it wants, unless i reach under the dash and move the lever by hand :lol: (which i have been since it broke about 6 months ago :oops: )