injectors

yellow gtir

hi i wanted to uprate my injectors my gtir is not standerd it is pushing around 330+bhp, hw much cc is the best that i should put on my car?? thanks

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
hi i wanted to uprate my injectors my gtir is not standerd it is pushing around 330+bhp, hw much cc is the best that i should put on my car?? thanks
For that level of power you've probably got uprated injectors already unless the fuel pressure has been increased.

550cc would more than enough for now and leave you with a bit in reserve for later

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Remember that when changing injectors you need the engine management to go along with it..

700cc SARDS will be fine for a safe 450bhp.. They fit into the standard fuel rail too..

Just make sure you have the management to run the new injectors..

You might want to think about upgrading a few other things while you're at it..

yellow gtir

hi the car has a turbo off a skyline and modified to fit my pulsar and i have uprated 255 fuel pump , low mount intercololer, hks filter, hks ssqv, uprated HT leads , hks spark plugs, and more but this is what i can remeber off my head!!

O

Odin

but if i install 1000cc wouldn't that kill my petrol.
Fitting a 1000cc injector's if you didn't need that kind of flow rate is a bit silly in my opinion, I had them in mine but I was nearly maxing them out at full boost on my set up, As far as fuel consumption goes mine was OK and I was achieving mid to high 30 mpg on a long run, The trouble with the big injectors is not so much high fuel consumption because good mapping should sort that out, I believe it's more to do with bigger droplets of fuel at low speeds that may cause lumpier running while at low RPM and tick over.

You should always fit the smallest injectors that you can get away with for any given power requirement..

Rob

GTIR-LOZ

my 700cc's are maxing out and im around 450hp i need 800's or up the fuel pressure to carry on but if you are only staying around the 350hp they will be fine

R

riske

You must obviously have a forged engine otherwise it wont last long mate.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you plan on any more power in the future then save money and go straight to 700s.

550s will be ok for that power, but if you up it then you just end up having to buy a 2nd set of injectors.

GTIR-LOZ

are you talking to me caner?? i thought you must of realised this when you were watching me on the dyno;-)

S

steve_fctuning

nismo 740's - sard adjustable type r reg (or AEM one will do or use a cheap fleebay jobbie)
2 fuel pumps (in series, one acting as a feeder)
Solid 8 guage power wire acting on the server pump to maintain a solid voltage
been up the earthing around the car as their old wiring on the car is usually shite
get it tuned and set up properly by your tuner both live and dyno'd
monitor pressures under high load
ensure your getting good air flow via your AFM

thats if you want to be safe ;)

some basics above lads.

R

riske

Naa not you Loz, im not that thick lol! What power you going for now? Hows she going?

Yeah think i'm gonna re earth mine and the fuel pump. then for the new turbo, injectors, maf and get the mani ported and carbon coated. sweet. (not till summer btw)

GTIR-LOZ

its not too bad mate apart from breaking down the other week but it turned out the plug behind the dash had fallen off that sends the earth to the fuel pump relay so a nice free fix!

also fitted the crane hi-6 ignition amp so thats all good now and when ive worked out the size or pressure of injectors i need i will get setup again i havnt spent any money on her for a while lol