I will be changing my clutch soon, What to look for?

dankal

Hello guys , I will be changing my clutch and flywheel soon so the engine will be coming out. Is there something I need to look out for or are there any parts which are good to change while the engine is out. The engine has 150000 kilometers on it so there might be a few things that need to be renewed. Also, can anyone tell me when it is a good time to change the timing chain or chain tensioner?

P.S. I know this has been posted before but I didn´t find it when I used the search button , so help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel

hmmm

Get the Clutch Release Bearing changed (usually comes with the clutch kit) and get the input shaft bearing changed. These bearings have gone on a few cars after the clutches were changed which meant 'engine out'. All this trouble just to replace a part which costs around £40-£50 i think.

dankal

I bought the helix organic kit which came with the clutch release bearing and I will be buying the fidanza flywheel 8)

mohsan

flywheel

yeh i think you have to get a flywheel also or youl have a judder when in first and second. its shit

Tony

I would also change the clutch fork pivot the retaining spring clip and a seal kit for the clutch slave cylinder!!!

I have just done this and for the above parts and the release bearing, from Nissan came to about £40inc vat!!!!

I Had the Helix cover in my car and it managed to snap 3 organic type clutches 1 Helix and 2 AP it is a very heavy cover!!!!! gonna try the standard cover with my paddle now!!!

my left leg will be pleased to know!!!!! :wink:

Tony....

Mr GTiR

if the engine is out replace the 2 hoses at the back of the block. I got a full kit which had 5 hoses in total for £55 :wink:

Mr GTiR

nope ADR ordered them in for me. I'll give thema call in the morning and see if they can dig up my invoices. pm to remind me as i have a memoey like a goldfish!

M

Mr Overboooost

here are the part numbers as i have just replaced them on mine

140555C01 5.18
1405554C06 12.79
1405640P13 2.13
1405654C01 8.22
145660U08 9.14

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

cheers
gary

hmmm

Just need confirmation or correction that this is the Input Shaft Bearing (circled in red).

Thanks

hmmm

Can someone confirm or correct that the item circled in red is the Input Shaft Bearing please.

Thanks

A

AVOGTIR

that is the bearing

part no 32203-03E10-

but it is cheaper to go to a bearing supplier/wholesaler to get them, as they are about 1/4 of the price.

matt

dankal

I got my clutch from rallunuts.com . The kit came with disk , clutch cover and bearing and cost something about 270-ish with with vat and postage.