How to hardwire stock boost/oil press gauge?

P11SR20DET

Guys - can anyone tell me how I can hardwire in the stock GTiR boost/oil press/oil temp gauge to the ECU? Or tell me where in the manual I can check for the wiring? I doubt that the boost would work, as the original has been gutted (I think). Thanks.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think they are wired to the ECU.
- It doesn't read boost, just airflow so the boost gauge is purely for the driver's benefit.
- I don't really know about the oil pressure and/or temperature, but I know that the ECU has it's own water temperature sensor that's independant of the gauages... so it wouldn't surprise me to find that oil is the same.

P11SR20DET

Well there is a connector on the back of the little gauge cluster. So I was wanting to wire them into something so that they could at least tell me something useful. So if they're not wired to the ECU, where do they get there signals from then?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
They get their signal directly from the sensors.
The boost sensor sits between the airbox and the strut tower (the pipe goes round the back of the engine to a T-piece behind the BOV).
I'm not sure about the other two, but I'm guessing the oil pressure one goes to that big fat sender just near the filter.