How much boost!!!!

A

Anonymous

My engine is totally standard apart from a apexi induction kit and a stainless exhaust, i am tempted to up the boost a touch only 3 or 4 psi using a bleed valve will this be ok on standard fuelling.

kyepan

I take it you just got your r? have you serviced it yet? you might want to make sure everything is in order before you start asking the car to run more boost. plus you should make sure your fuel filter/leads/dizzy/plugs are all in tip top shape, and check for ecu fault codes. etc etc.. basically read the faq section

You could do use a bleed valve, but i suggest you have a read around the subject and look at some of the faq's on what is the preferred option for increasing your boost..

if everything is fine and the standard fuelling is spot on you can up the boost a little 0.9 bar is generally agreed as safe on standard fuelling, but if anything is not working correctly fuelling or ignition wise.. you could get yourself a blown up engine pretty quick.

I have a dawes device + fuel pump + safr (fuel computer) just to make sure it doesn't run lean and it has been properly mapped.