HKS SSQV English fitting instructions.

C

Crazy

Does anybody have or know where to find some english instructions on fitting a HKS SSQV with purple insert please 8)

Bought it off a GTiR member but it only has Japanese instructions and one little picture so they are no good to me :x

T

T11EWL

I'll have a look for you but I was under the impression that they just clip in once you have the flange welded in.

Do you mean for setting it up correctly too ? Cos I think the only adjustment you can do is winding that black bolt in or out on the back - for boost control you'd need a solenoid-y type thing like the AVC-Rs come with.

(It'll be weekend before I get the chance to read mine)

C

Crazy

Flange welded in :? :?: :?:

All I got when I bought mine was the SSQV & a little bag with the instructions (JAP) and a few little pipes :(

So what is this flange your on about :?:

Boooooost

I never got a flange with mine and although the instructions were in jap I just followed the pictures. Have you changed the intake pipe ?

A

Anonymous

The instructions all come in JAP. A lot of HKS bit are like that.

Have you got it fitted yet.

C

Crazy

No mate still not fitted :(

Was going to ask a certain member for a hand when I see him over the weekend 8)

No rush at the moment! :)

S

Sirnixalot

Do you have a front mount of the standard top mount?

You have 1 choice with the top mount and 2 with the front mount.

Front mount 1
Take off the standard recirculating valve. Get a bit of pipe the same diameter as the standard one welded to the flange, secure with a hose clamp. You must plug the hole which the recirculating valve used to route the air back into the turbo intake tube.

Front mount 2
Take off the standard recirculating valve and plug both the port it connects to on the intake manifold and the one in the turbo intake tube.
Weld the hks flange onto the intercooler pipe that is connected to the intake manifold.

Top mount (same as front mount 1)
Take off the standard recirculating valve. Get a bit of pipe the same diameter as the standard one welded to the flange, secure with a hose clamp. You must plug the hole which the recirculating valve used to route the air back into the turbo intake tube.

With all 3 of these you need to give the HKS SSQBOV a vacuum signal, you should re-use the vaccuum hose which was connected to the standard recirculating valve.

A

Anonymous

Wot's all this about welding?! You just remove the factory valve and put the new hks ssqv in it's place, and the supplied bung in the air filter pipe where the re-circ outlet went to. Simple, and no welding!

S

Sirnixalot

thats for the GTi-R specific kit...not for the universal kit

A

Anonymous

As i have aready told you all i sold Andy the specific kit for a GTiR.

Takes 10mins to fit. Look at the pics on the instructions.

R

rsnissan

Yes its specific for a Datsun NOT universal comes with everything to fit the DV :D

SunOnGTiR

Hi guys,
Didn't have to weld my flange,was the right kit.
But the 'bracket' didn't go on,isn't on.
Geat sound 8)
I heard it sounds even better 1Bar+ :twisted:

P

PrimeraRacer

Hi guys.

I've got a HKS Sequential BOV (purple insert?)

I have the english instructions for it.... I can maybe scan them in if anyone wants?

Cheers
Kev