HKS SSQV blow off valve

C

cookie

does anybody have this on their gtir and if so
whats it like on low and high boost?
and does it sound alright and is it loud enough?
any info will help cheers

hmmm

I have the HKS SSQV. I think it sound quite good but the are varying opinions on this. As for loudness, it's not loud enough for me, but then again I am running standard boost.

M

mozza

It does the job and is loud enough......

stupidly loud dump valves sound crap anyway..........run some boost and ul have other noises to keep you satisfied :wink:

S

Sirnixalot

keep in mind most of the loud dump valves restrict the air to make it louder. This reduced orfice restricts the flow of air out of the dump valve. If thats the case whats the point?

A dump valve is there to expedite air from the IC piping efficiently. Any other side effects of that operation such as sound should be considered a minor part of the puzzle when choosing a dump valve.

That being said...i have an HKS SSQ BOV cause it looks the dogs danglies :oops:

pete-r

what would you recommend between the turbosmartsuper/megasonic and also the turboxs h-rfl ?as im about to buy one of these.personally i think the hks is overpriced.

S

Sirnixalot

i hear the RFL (which stands for real fucking loud) is crap but i cannot attest to that from personal experience

C

cookie

cheers for the feed back i think im gonna go ahead with the purchase of this dump valve so ill let ya know how i get on

A

Anonymous

if ur gettin turbosmart get the hybrid... its loud... and can be plumback and sounds mad