HKS or TOMEI Cams

jap-jet

Hey guys looking to get some cams soon just wanna see peoples opinions on what i should get. Here are the mods I have done to our GTi-R: 600x300x76mm FMIC with 3" piping, Greddy T67-25g and Trust manifold with Trust 45mm wastegate, Autronic SM2 ECU, 600hp bosch Motorsport fuel pump, SX fuel regulator, 870cc injectors on custom fuel rail and 3" exhaust

j10gtr

What duration and lift where you thinking of HKS & TOMIE bothh do a choice for the R.

I would personally think that with that turbo the standard cams would probably be best on a road car. Uprated cams will most likely move the power higher into the rev range and hance drvability of the car will be effected i have a good friend with a HKS 3037 turbo on his car and the car is mucher better to drive with the standard cams back in place.

Oh and the cams dont appear to restrict performance :wink: :wink:

thanks
Paul

jap-jet

yeah im looking for big HP looking at the tomei 270degree ones with i think they are 12.5mm lift. j10gtr is his engine stock?
What sort of power is he making and what sort of boost?

j10gtr

Top end is standard

bottom end lightened balanced crank shaft assembly, forged pistons metal headgasket comp ratio i beleive is 7.8:1.

The mapping wasnt finished and he may have ran out of injectors :shock: 720CC.

the results as they stand at the moment

351 @ the hubs 1.4 bar
392 @ the hubs 1.8 bar

but im sure there is more to come. The car does feel really quick

as you can see the standard cams do not appear to be a restriction in this set up and are much better for drivability which this particular still has a good level of considering the power it has.

Thanks
Paul

Nad

Cams's should have been chosen first and everything matched to them. Gonna be a lot harder doing it this way round. Both the sweet spot of the turbo and the cams need to be closlely matched so when the turbo comes on boost the air is ready to come in hard. Get a high power turbo that boosts high up the rev range and a set of cams that give air for bottom to mid range arent going to complement each other.

270 with a high lift to supply the turbo mucho airo seems a good bet but dont take my word for it.

Nad