no undecided which one to go

one is HKS GTRS . but rear turbine housing is AR64

one is Garret GT2871R trim 48 but turbine housing is AR86

Overall GTRS is slightly larger turbo
but i like the GT2871R due to larger AR

which one is highly recommended ?
for a stock engine with HKS piston only
and possible cam later on

all feed back is much appreciated since i going to put it on the car on tomorrow

Thank you

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
Edd's old car made over 400 bhp with a GTRS turbo,

Rob
I shouldn't make to much difference but that was a 2.2 stroked car.

My choice would be the 3071r over the 2871r, I have had both and I found the 3071r spools quicker that the 2871r.

cmng

i cannot choose

since i can pick only one of it since by this week car need to be running

so GTRS or GT2871R trim 48 with AR86 Turbine housing

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Hello gents. Sorry I didn't get back to you before, its been a hectic few months with work and travel.

I just finished mapping my 3071 AR64 today to circa 1.8Bar. It holds 1.8Bar to 6800 and then slowly drop to 1.7Bar at 7800. Boost is relative as when my engine was less efficient and flowing less it held 1.8Bar to the redline.

Unless you want more than this boost level you shouldn't have a problem with the small AR. I would take the 3071 rather than the 2871 for the mid range grunt but it just another opinion, both are good turbos.

Also, after spending ages shimming and stumo spent a day setting up the cam timing, I'm not sure if I would bother with aftermarket cams again.

Cheers,
Jim

He has two turbos on hand... So he needs to decide between the two. GTRS and GT2871R

If he had his way he wouldn't be playing with small turbos... He'll go straight for a GT3076 or a GT35 being cmng lol.....