HKS Fuel Computer

Hi,

When fitting my clutch pedal support bracket, i noticed a strange pipe in the center consol area.

I dug a bit deaper to find a HKS Fuel computer under the passenger side carpet. Is this doing any harm to my car?? Also how do I remove it?

The car drives very well but smells like a rally car from the exhaust, is this because of the fuel computer??

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

skiddusmarkus

Take it to one of the tuners that can map them and see if it's been set up.I think Hiteq have fitted HKS fuel controllers in the past so you could try there.

T

Toady

wish i could find things like that under my carpet!lol! :lol:

mattygti-r

looks thou its already spliced in mate if youve had that car direct from import id not really touch it , ie rip it out until uve had it checkd out

thats quite an old version of Fuel Computer

good bit of kit thou

Mr GTiR

I had the same fuel controller in my car.

To remove first disconnect the battery. Then unplug the loom from the back of the FCON and remove the other end from your standard ecu. The FCON is a piggy back ecu so piggy backs into the standard ecu. Plug the wiring loom back into the factory ecu and this will put it back to standard setting. On the FCON loom there will be a HKS FCD.

Also, if you follow the FCON loom it should go throught the bulk head where you will find a electronic valve of some sort. This needs to be disconnect and i think it will also have a vaccum feed from near your dump valve. Just blank this off when you disconnect the vaccum feed.

Jobs a good one. 8)

Will take it to Hiteq next week, see how its been set up.

The car is virtually standard, HKS exhaust, HKS Filter, strut brace front and rear also a lower brace and this fuel controller. So could I be right in thinking that it may have been a track car at some point?

Cheers,

Gaz

Mr GTiR

Don't bother taking it to Ian as he will tell you to bin it. Just outr of interest what was yours set up for?

I had mine on 0.8 and 1.2 bar.

Haven't got a clue! :lol:

Only just got the car, was imported last month, insured from Wednesday this week.

Could do with taking it some where just to see how she's running.

Off up to Demon Tweeks now, to pick up some Red Line MT90.

Cheers,

Gaz

zia

abbey are official dealer in f-con they,ll be able to map to whatever you choose.

zia

kyepan

if you don't know what boost your running, i would agree, don't take it out.. it might run lean and det your pistons to death.

have you got a boost guage anywhere in the cabin apart from the one in the center console, and if so what is the center one reading?

Its only got the center consol guage, to be honest I haven't really drove it yet, not insured till tomorrow, been sittin in the garage for 2 months :shock:

Going out tomorrow to get an alarm fitted, and undersealing it the week end.

So really i need to take it steady until I know what its running?

I would unplug it, like mention earlier, but worried just in case I get it wrong :(

Cheers,

Gaz

kyepan said:
if you don't know what boost your running, i would agree, don't take it out.. it might run lean and det your pistons to death.

have you got a boost guage anywhere in the cabin apart from the one in the center console, and if so what is the center one reading?
Drivin around the weekend, the standard boost guage was reading +7 right on it, does this mean its running standard boost or more??

Gareth

Mr GTiR

Have you got an electronic boost controller on the car? The FCON only controls fuel and timing.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

Drivin around the weekend, the standard boost guage was reading +7 right on it, does this mean its running standard boost or more??
probably more than standard.. the needle stops there :)
check you vaakum hose going to the acutator for alien objects :D :D
or maybe te actutaor bolt is adjusted. (never personaly managed to adjust that without the turbo off ... :roll: