Hks EVc 5 Boost Controller?

Z

zid336

:? hi guys i was wondering has anyone got a Hks EVC 5 Boost Controller? just looking to purchase one want to know if any good? :wink:

G

GODZUKI

EVC 5

Yep I got one too does it job just fine and looks good 8)

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

had one on my evo 7,, good unit, good build,, neat installation

bad points though,, poor boost control from solenoid,, blitz unit i have in gtir is much superior, and costs the same
IDC 3 !!! some real bargains on ebay at the moment

S

smcnairn

Im also lookin to buy a boost controller i liked the Apexi but i think its a bit big for the pulsars dash and it reads the boost in kg/m2 which im not keen on. I would rather psi or bar. What other ones can any of you recommend?

J

justin666

The apexi is a little big compared to the other tiny HKS and blitz ones but you dont have to mount it on the dash.. Alot of people take the center vent out the dash and mount it there or if ya dead posh stick it up in the corner of the windscreen 8) :D The apex is pretty good at what it does with its self learning mode but the only complaint i have is that if the weather is really cold somtimes its a little slow to catch the odd boost spike.

Do any of the jap boost controllers read in PSI.?? I dont know :? Think most of them read in Kg/cm or bar...

J...

S

smcnairn

Another thing that put me of the Apexi was i imagine it is more difficult to fit as it has a lot more features?

J

justin666

The apexi isnt to difficult to fit at all mate.. :D Got mine in and running in about 4 hours and as long as your OK with a soldering iron its not to bad a job. :) The only pain with any electronic boost controller on the R is gettin the wiring from the cabin in to the engine bay :evil: That'll be even more skin of the old knuckles.!!!!

J...

mattygti-r

justin666 said:
The apexi isnt to difficult to fit at all mate.. :D Got mine in and running in about 4 hours and as long as your OK with a soldering iron its not to bad a job. :) The only pain with any electronic boost controller on the R is gettin the wiring from the cabin in to the engine bay :evil: That'll be even more skin of the old knuckles.!!!!

J...
not all controllers solder into the ECU the HKS ones dont have to, not do the JUN controllers

J

justin666

mattygti-r said:
justin666 said:

J...
not all controllers solder into the ECU the HKS ones dont have to, not do the JUN controllers
In that case then i have learnt something today :D But i was only referin to the apexi :p

J...

G

GODZUKI

EVC 5

I remember mine being easy to install... :wink:

and mine is in PSI