hks cams

H

hum

i want to buy a set of hks cams.
the car will be used for 1/4 miles and track days only.
the car i would like to be producing 430 -480 bhp, what cams do you think i should get (i.e the 264 or 272 or a mix).

i aslo noticed that when you surch the net for the cams you get the sr20det ones. What cams fit the gtir or is it any sr20det cams. i see that we have the option of s13,s14, and s15, what one is it.

thanks for your help
ryan

skiddusmarkus

If it's for trackdays and dragging only,then get the 272's.Don't restrict yourself to HKS though.There are Tomei,Piper,Jun and Kent to consider.
As for what cams fit-RNN14 only!!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
hum said:
i want to buy a set of hks cams.
the car will be used for 1/4 miles and track days only.
the car i would like to be producing 430 -480 bhp, what cams do you think i should get (i.e the 264 or 272 or a mix).

i aslo noticed that when you surch the net for the cams you get the sr20det ones. What cams fit the gtir or is it any sr20det cams. i see that we have the option of s13,s14, and s15, what one is it.

thanks for your help
ryan

272 are really for top end power and torque... Ideal for 1/4 mile but not so good if you want mid-range power and torque for hard back-road driving or track days...

I personally use HKS 264's... They give excellent mid to top end power/torque...

Upto you though...

Rishi
p.s is you car on the road at the moment becuase I haven't seen it round town yet... Are you heading to Race @ the Base on the 14th March(Edzell RAF Base)...?

H

hum

no my car is not on the road yet, it is sitting in my drive with no Interior, no dash, and the engine is about to come out for a mental build.

ryan