Hks 256`s

zia

standard are 248,s with the 256 you worn,t have to sacrifice low torque or power also you,ll get some mid range power, how big the torque is depended on opening times and overlap, and the tubby and boost that you,ll be using.

zia

Tony

Thanks bud!

thats what i`m looking for, low down and mid range power!

I`m thinking about mating them up with either a slightly smaller tubby or a hybrid t28!!

I`ve heard about just needing to get the standard exhaust cam re-profiled, how would this fair against the 256`s

Tony....

Si..

Tony said:
Thanks bud!

thats what i`m looking for, low down and mid range power!

I`m thinking about mating them up with either a slightly smaller tubby or a hybrid t28!!

I`ve heard about just needing to get the standard exhaust cam re-profiled, how would this fair against the 256`s

Tony....
a lot cheaper for starters, i'm sending mine away shortly so if you want it done i'll send them down with mine. :?:

zia

when you say reprofiling the cam do you mean in duration wise? if they increase the duration don,t they reduce the lift?. don,t they have to modify the ramp?

zia

Tony

I dunno what they do bud?? Si is sending his away and thats all i know!!!

I was also wondering what effect it would have if i opted for a 256 inlet and a 264 exhaust cam setup?? :?

I`ve heard in the past that only the exhaust cam needs changing but i`ve heard so much stuff i dunno wots true and wots fairytail!!!! :roll:

Any help would be mucho app on best setup for low down and mid range power!!!!! :|

Tony....

zia

with cam it generally depends on what power point you want. with larger duration it for increase in mid to top rpm.with smaller duration it low down to mid. most people do go for 264 for extra mid rpm kick but the down side it economy and low down torque can suffer as result. basically it down to your own preference weather you want to follow the rest of the owner or experiment with different duration on inlet and exhaust. my advice is stick with 256 on both then have it on the roller before and after cam change too give you better idea of gains etc

zia