high idle

GTIR-LOZ

i know this has been covered before and the main things to check are air leaks, timing and the idle control solenoid but i have noticed a strange thing about mine, it only happens in the summer!!!! well when it is warm, when its cold or cooler the idle is fine about 900-1000 but when the weather is warmer it sits around 1200, if i get the bite on the clutch then the revs drop and will sit around thye 900-1000 mark again any ideas peeps :?: :?:

J

J-GTi-R

if i get the bite on the clutch then the revs drop and will sit around thye 900-1000 mark again any ideas peeps
Ah yes I've noticed mine does this as well, which wouldn't indicate an air leak I assume. Someone suggested making sure the throttle mechanisms are greased up as if they are a a bit dry then the return springs might not be able to close the throttle fully. I haven't tried it yet, but you may want to.

GTIR-LOZ

ive tried that, just find it weird that it only happens when its warm, it hasnt happened at all this year until the other day when it was hot

J

J-GTi-R

What dump valve do you have? I have a sheepdog, which I think might be leaking a little on idle, causing the high idle.

GTIR-LOZ

i have tried it with different dump valves, initially had an arc, then a bailey and now a forge always stayed the same :roll:

J

jasegould

What dump valve do you have? I have a sheepdog, which I think might be leaking a little on idle, causing the high idle.
I think Ive got the same problem with my sheepdog :evil: ...but dont want to change it coz it sounds soooooo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: