Help please - Oil Catch Tank

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Hiya you wise owls

I bought a chrome oil catch tank from somebody on here 7 weeks ago and have not been able to get any advice from them on fitting.

The tank is not supplied with any brackets etc and the person I bought it off said it doesnt need any????
I am not going to just leave the tank hanging in my bonnet as it isnt safe.

Have any of you lot fitted these to your cars and if you have do you have a picture or could tell me how you mounted it???

Cheers :D :D :D :D :D :D

moved to tuning

mattygti-r

Hello Jess, right just to clarify (for everyone) it was me who sold this, Trust catch tank, and i have pm'd you regarding instalation of this item,

i did say that i would try and get some pics of the catchtank fitted, this i can do tomorrow as i can take a pic of Jimmys c.tank installed for you. i coudlnt do one before as i dont have one on my car.

its a "universal" fit, with 15mm pipework,

it has brackets with it, jubilee clips jess, :wink:

jimmy fitted his the other day i was there when it was fitted, he has a spare clip im sure he will let you have if you really really want it clipped in

the pipework will fit pulsar not a problem, everything is for pulsar,

in order to "hold it in" you can either use jubilee clip as i say or just cable tie it.

all pulsars are different, battery size etc, induction kit what youve got on the car, etc, its not a case of it just fits like a bov etc, where it just slots in

there is a case of where best it is to fit on your own, car, as i say its all down to perefernce

they dont come with a standard bracket that you just, alligns up with the car and it scews down, :?

to install that will take 10mins,

8)

i will post up pics for you tomorrow evening, after jimmy has dropped by my place 8)

mattygti-r

i believe it was gtir1000 that has the same c.tank as yourself Jess, and i believe its been fitted as well

GTIR1000

yes it was me it didnt take long to fit at all if i had a camera i would take a photo for you jess but it is not working at this time. there is a bolt just near your oil sepertor at front of the enginge it helps to hold this in lace i got a long strip of strong metal attached to the bolt drilled a whole in the other end and put a bolt into the back of catch tank sorry if this is a bit muddled but a photo would explain all. i couldnt put mine anywhere else really due to battery font monut and airfilter the piping is a direct fit. ill try get a pic for you jess aswell as matty's. it does look really good in the bay though the best catch tank i have seen

mattygti-r

just to say heres one fitted to a big power R,

its not a greddy one lilke yours thou (but same principle)

jess to make it easier you may be better off taking off the intercooler to get to the breather

I

Innovate Performance

are we taking about the stainless steel one that is square,
If so i normally make up a bracket ant hen fit it to what every car we are putting it on.
It has to screw holes in the back if it is the one i thinck which allows you to make a nice bracket up for mounting.

If need be i will do one for you but you will have to tell me were you want it.

Hope that way it will help you and matty :D :wink:

mattygti-r

you both have 2 different greddy systems,

jess has the square one , i think gtir1000 has the octaganal (spelling)

jess as with most work on the Pulsar things are just a directed fit, things have to be modded to fit etc,

if youve normal battery, and say hks or apexi filter on the car, then its fine to fit it by the battery

the pipework matches up , its just securing it in place you can either

a) use a jubilee clip
b) cable tie
c) fabricate a metal tie

mattygti-r

just confirmed yes it is the same one sorry ,

ive sold a few of these, so loosing track

IP yes it is mate the square one with the embossed Greddy on it

it does have hte 2 holes in back of it, its a v.good catch tank

i dont require one mate but if you coudl make one for Jess tha woudl be appreciated, 8)

i dont kow where she wnats it in the car etc mounted, im sure she will let you know

8)

I

Innovate Performance

they both have hole in the back to mount a bracket.

I have the square one on the skyline, having to move it now due to the new turbos so i can make up another bracket for jess at the same time.

Jess if you take a pic of you engine bay and post it up i will make you up a bracket, also post a pic of the catch tank just to make sure i know which one you have.

P

Pulsar_Bitch

Matty I have been asking you for 7 weeks for a picture as the instructions for the tank state that it needs a bracket.

Sorry if I am being stupid but I thought the jubilee clips were to hold the hoses on not to take the weight of the tank.
I dont think it will be safe being held on just by the hose as told me to fit it.

Just in case you didnt know by my name I'm a girl and I cant make brackets.
Thats the one in the pic Matty posted thats mine :D looks nice but sick of it being in my boot :cry:

mattygti-r

Pulsar_Bitch said:
Matty I have been asking you for 7 weeks for a picture as the instructions for the tank state that it needs a bracket.

Sorry if I am being stupid but I thought the jubilee clips were to hold the hoses on not to take the weight of the tank.
I dont think it will be safe being held on just by the hose as told me to fit it.

Just in case you didnt know by my name I'm a girl and I cant make brackets.
Thats the one in the pic Matty posted thats mine :D looks nice but sick of it being in my boot :cry:
i had fogotten which c.tank i had sent you, some are round hence will take a clip to hold it in place like jimmys one

yes i dont have a pic i could take asi dont have one on the car, was hoping someone at pts had one but my fooking camera died :(

jess IP will make you a bracket and send it to you :)

its quite simple to install just have to remove the i/c yes your corrrect the other clips hold the hoses on

8)

all happy and sorted? :wink:

A

Allan GTI-R

ahhh i have one of these catch tanks, here's a pic..

http://www.gtiroz.net/gallery/album06/engine2

there's a bracket leading back to the strut tower, custom made etc etc.

I heard a rumour that Greddy actually make a universal bracket if you can't get it sorted out - i have never seen one though..