HELP!!....high idle on gtir!

A

Anonymous

Need some help here chaps.

GTi-R starts and runs like a dream.
When its cold it idles as it should do but as soon as it gets to running temp it idles at 1500rpm and its doing my head in!....especially in traffic!
Can anyone suggest any possible solutions?

Car has had full Hiteq rebuild inc liners and turbo etc, front mount etc etc and currently running only 1 bar boost. Has Apexi avc-r and itc aswell as HKS super AFR. conversion was done about a year ago.

Please help!

Harry
a5hap@hotmail.com

J

jasegould

Do a search and you'll find all the answers you nedd

Now with Vitamin C!

A

Anonymous

most likely an air leak, check out the sensor under the passenger wing, it has a little boost pipe going to it which is hard to see when out.

For beginner info on the R
http://www.geocities.com/nabsqureshi

For all Nissan parts ring mjpauto.com on 01277 374201

J

J-GTi-R

I have to agree with Nabsq, as my poor idle (1500 rpm as well) was because the pipe that runs to the boost sensor had split allowing air into the system.

J.

Hey, is that an SR20DET you have there?

G

gotoinstant-redline

also it could be the little rubber covers for the throttle bodie ballance tubes.. they are hidden under the topmount (if you have one) and it is very common that they get lost/come off.

if you replace them then it has been known to solve this problem many times.

L.

skiddusmarkus

Mine idles high and hnts for revs too.Tried alsorts to cure it but had enough now and turn the stereo up :lol: .
Before you rush out to buy the little caps for the throttle bodies-stick them up with blue tack/chewing gum to see if it makes a difference.Saves money and hassle if it doesn't do anything.