Head bolts

P

pulsarmick

Hi there need some help are the head bolts resuable iam fitting a 1.2 mm cosmtic gasket and iam running standard boost if there not has anyone got some for sale many thanxs :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

yes you can re-use them a couple of times.
but if you go by the book then the answer is no!

when reusing them and torquing up head DO NOT jerk the wrench to tighten, just keep firm pressure untill the correct torque is reached.

P

pulsarmick

Many thanxs for the help. people i have asked to get me some prices have said that reuse them to but i had to ask the experts many thanxs :thumbsup:

J

jpward

The answer i was told when i asked this question was "If the engine sh!ts it self then you wish you had used them" but if your not going silly billy booster boy then id say if their torqued correctly then they would be ok

They are not expensive so unless your on a studient budget then buy some!

EVOBAD

:doh: :lol: make sure if you get do new ones as for pulsar gtir headbolts & not sr20det s14 bolts as when i got a set from nissan they said ther the same ,when they came back they were not the same

MarkTurbo

I think they're only £2 or £3 each so its upto you if you want to risk it.....................but i have re used my headbolts twice now and they're still doing a pretty good job of holding down my hks headgasket at 1.5 bar :lol: