Harness problem, too long !

A

AJ4

have just fitted some harnesses in the car, just simple 3 point ones. the problem is that the mounting points for the original seatbelt are very close to the seat and even at full adjustment the harness's are still a bit slack when buckled up. Probably not designed to go in such a small car :(

The question is, do you think it would be okay to tie some knots in the harness to shorten it ? Not sure if that is legal or not, or even safe for that matter ! :D Never had this problem before on other cars, always fitted fine :(

Any suggestions as to what to do ? Its the main belt harness that goes across your waist that is too long, the front to rear harness is fine.

Cheers !

S

Sunny Nutter

I reckon you have two choices....

or
eat alot more Big Macs :wink:

but seriously though,
can harnesses come in different sizes?

If its the part that goes across your lap I would be very reluctant to tie any knots in it!

A

AJ4

Its a standard sparco harness AFAIK, one size fits all as its all adjustable. But the only mounting places for it with out fabricating new ones is either the old seatbelt mounting point on the side of the chair or the bolt for the runner underneath. In either of these positions the belt is still too lose even when adjusted fully. I'm not exactly thin, so its not me :D

I have a couple of buckets being delivered next week, and I'm hoping that cures the problem but I have a funny feeling I will still have to mount it on the same runner bolt and it will still be too long :(

N

N1SMO

i have a set of sparco 3 point ones in my car using the standatd mount points and they fit ok.

ps and i aint even close to being fat sorry big boned