GT2871R on standard TMIC

warringtonjack

I thought the 2871 was a direct replacement, so would fit any normal intercooler set up, be it front mount or top! :noidea:

GTiR-Aholic

I've got the GT28R .. mine was installed with a top mount.. got it all off now because it was on the R that I am stripping.. just sold it for £350 but still waiting for payment.

Lovely turbo :p

djdoc360

Last qusetion, my ECU is chipped and tuned for 1.2 bar on a stock turbo. Do i have to get my ECU retuned or is it safe to run 1 bar as is? I also have a Z32 twin turbo fuel pump with a pressure regulator.

steve963

depends on the fueling etc, would be best to get it checked just incase the Z32, injectors, etc get it all wrong!!

GTiR-Aholic

Agreed, no harm gettin it dyno'd to see how it copes with 1bar.. my ecu is stock standard and I ran 1bar on the GT28R.. with just magnecor leads, splitfire plugs, k&n filter + exhaust.. and got 315bhp from it :D but my fueling was spot on!

djdoc360

depends on the fueling etc, would be best to get it checked just incase the Z32, injectors, etc get it all wrong!!
I am getting a fuel pressure gauge...if that is what you mean. I'm not after any big HP figures, i'm just after a reliable turbo with reliable power that the car can handle for a good while.

Last edited: