Getting Rid of The Oil!!!!!!

P

pushermanR

Just about to fit a new clutch to they old 'P' but while im doing that i wanna give the intercooler and plenum/throttle bodies a good clean out...get rid of oil that has mounted up over time...Wots the best way for cleaning them and wot else should i be cleaning thats got 2do with the air system..

MarkTurbo

Carb cleaner or petrol :wink:

Have you still got the standard breather system :?: cos theres a pipe on it that goes from the rocker cover to the air filter-turbo pipe which is usually the cause of the oil in the intercooler :wink:

Either that or your turbo is on its way out :lol:

P

pushermanR

Had full turbo rebuild done recently by a good company...There is oil because my mate got a bit carried away with the oil levels :lol: :lol: ..I think i will give all the air intake system a right good clean and totally clear the oil from the overfilling problem and yes its still got the crap orig breather system..

J

Jonny H

whilst we're on the same topic how do you get oil off of driveways? Got a small patch on the driveway where my container had a leak when i was doing an oil change :oops: and cant get rid of the bloody stuff! Tried everything apart form petrol! :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You can get some driveway cleaner stuff, but I don't know what it's called. Try Halfords or a motor factors.