gerbox change

GTiR-Aholic

I reckon rebuilding them myself i can sort out most broken boxes with £100 worth of bits, so i could go through 25 boxes before i've spent quaiffe money ;-)

Only another 21 boxes to go :lol:

LOL.. mate just 1 bearing from nissan cost me £80!! (Big end)

GTiR-Aholic

do you actually know what your on about?

have you ever looked under the bonnet of a gtr?

I do know what I'm on about.. as you can see after that quote, I also said:

"Obviously though we'll lose the back seats because the design of the box, the driver would be quite far back - then I guess we'd need to move the dash back, pedals etc.. ok forget the idea lol"

But no I haven't looked under a gtr bonnet myself, not for long enough anyway lol

But that plate in the link I showed.. if something like that could be used to adapt a stronger box off another car maybe it's a route to go down.

I read a thread about the gearbox support bracket which 1 member fabricated for himself he said it worked well with his uprated R for 2yrs I think and still going strong..

But then another member used gear cuffs or something?.. now THAT looked promising but I lost the thread and I didn't see any results from how it lasted.

red reading

I reckon rebuilding them myself i can sort out most broken boxes with £100 worth of bits, so i could go through 25 boxes before i've spent quaiffe money ;-)

Only another 21 boxes to go :lol:

this is my idea as well,buy them and break them:lol:

MarkTurbo

LOL.. mate just 1 bearing from nissan cost me £80!! (Big end)
Did the dealer you got it from have a big showroom window?

I never use new bits to repair a box its just a waste of money :lol: A few years ago i bought a box with a broken 5th gear for £100 and the rest of the bits from that box have been used to rebuild at least 2 others. So if you look at it that way thats only £50 a box ;-)