fuel help

R

RJC

I'm trying to change my fuel filter.

How do I stop fuel going everywhere?

I've pulled out the third fuse down on the left side of the fuse box by the footwell, but after running for a couple of mins nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP

O

Odin

You can't fella as there is pressure in the system :roll: .

You will only get fuel comeing out till the pressure has gone, then just change them over :wink: .

If theres a better way that I don't know of I'm sure someone else will put me right :oops: :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
If theres a better way that I don't know of I'm sure someone else will put me right :oops: :wink:
as if anyone would try and correct a leg end of the R community :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

RJC

In the manual it says to pull out the fuse I mentioned and the car should stop. This doesn't seem to happen. How long do you have to wait?

A

Anonymous

RJC said:
In the manual it says to pull out the fuse I mentioned and the car should stop. This doesn't seem to happen. How long do you have to wait?
till you've used up all the fuel in the fuel lines :wink: :lol:

wouldn't imagine it take more than a minute or 2.

O

Odin

RJC said:
Why bother, It's not as if there's that much fuel gonna be comeing out :roll: I'v done mine a few times, I just rap a rag around it to stop it spraying everywhere :lol: .

I take the fuel line of the rail first as thats easyer to get to, Once the pressue has gone I just change the filters over and jobs a gooden.

But as the book says you should pull the fuse and wait for it to run out :lol: .

rob

O

Odin

monsterGTi-R said:
Just clamp the pipe with a small clamp or mollgrips (spelling?) :wink:
Yeah I'v done it that way to :wink: , But I can't be ar5ed to try and get my hands down the back of the motor any more :oops: So I just let it flow :twisted: :lol: .

rob