Fitting Hi-Spec discs

C

Crazy

I will hopefully be fitting my Hi-Spec 325mm discs & monster 4 pots this morning but I am wondering if there is a certain way that the grooves in the discs should be turning/facing or can the brakes discs be put on either side :? :?:

Thanks 8)

Oh yeah lads sorry about the other day with me and RSNissan :oops: I think that we both over-reacted a bit :twisted:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The grooves are normally handed, but I can't remember which way it is off the top of my head. :oops:

skiddusmarkus

I think when there are not many grooves on the disc,then you put them so that the grooves face forward ie will rotate with the groove facing towards the front of the car and vice versa for when there are lots of grooves.I don't know why it's this way but that's what I was told and how I have done it.

the chief

i think if you put the discs on the wronge way round they will work better at the expense that the pads will wear down quicker

Nad

Skid that seems sensible. If they face forward they will cut into the pad more. I have also heard they they were tested both ways and there was a small, very small percentage better braking with them facing forward.

Nad

C

Crazy

Thanks for the info lads 8)

All fitted now and they feel DANGEROUS :twisted: (in a good way) :D

Thanks RSNissan 8)