Fitting aftermarket seats experience

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I thought I'd post a pic of my nearly finished subframes. They still need some sanding and painting but being bare its easier to see what's added:

You can see the near side needs to be raised about an inch to be the same height as the far side.

Both sides needed extending at the front to put the cross bar in the right position of my holes.

I'm sure there are simpler (lighter :shock: ) designs but using the sliders, you can see the far side has only increased 1cm tops and the bottom of the slider is nearly flush to the bulkhead.

Nad, if you used a fixed frame you wouldn't get these problems but I decided for me, a fixed frame would not be practical.

Jim

A

AJ4

Nad said:
I take it this issue is only with recliners on sliding rails and not with buckets on fixed mounts??

Nad
no, I've got fixed back buckets with the manufacturers subframes designed for the R and still too high, even after removing the spacers and welding lower braces.... :evil:

mattygti-r

paz said:
Because they want after market seats and don't want to pay extortionate prices for Brides. Simple as that.

Paz
lol bride seats arent that expensive,

you pay for quality thou,

best seats ive ever sat in

they dont come in orange so i suspose you woudlnt be interested anyways :lol: :wink:

mattygti-r

campbellju said:
mattygti-r said:
dont take this the wrong way

but i dont see why people bother going to that extreme when fitting seats

ive aftermarket seats on my R

BRIDE seat rail, and a Recline BRIX seat, to take the old seat and replace took about 15mins, job done

im 6.1ft and ive plenty of room in the R,

the seat fits perfectly, so does the rail
What's the clearance between the floor and the seat base at the front? I'm interested to know if Bride/Nismo have been able to create a lower base or not. IIRC, the mofidifed runners put the seat about 15cm above the floor.
I can check that later
Jim
i will take a pic of my BRIDE Seat in the car , with the BRIDE Rail, it sits much lower than the stock rail

J

jiw

Matty you where telling me that bride seats where the sh1ts a few weeks ago, whats changed :?

Oh yeah thats it the fact that you have just bolted yours into the car and they have become the best thing since sliced bread. :roll:

Ive got corbeau's in mine with subframes which sit a little higher but its easily liveable with :wink:

bracpan

This make very interesting reading.
Being 6-2 and with a helmet on when racing it I find the standard seat to high. I am trying to get a standard seat so I can cut it down and weld solid then fix into the in the best possition for me.
I dont want to ruin my standard seat so I can put it back in if I sell the car.
learnt a lot form these posts.
Once i can get a seat ill let you all know how I got on. I need to be at least 25mm lower.
Cheers
Phil

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Happy to help. I reckon with some cutting and welding of the outside subframe and moving the inside mounting oint down you could lose and inch at the back of the seat. Like mine though it woun't be a simple job.

Good luck.
Jim

paz

mattygti-r said:
paz said:
Because they want after market seats and don't want to pay extortionate prices for Brides. Simple as that.

Paz

they dont come in orange so i suspose you woudlnt be interested anyways :lol: :wink:
How much do you charge for a seat matty, over £300 per seat :roll: That alone is enough for a full set of decent seats - hence my comment. Still, suppose if I couldn't afford the two I could always just fit one.

Paz

O

Odin

I'm 6ft 5" and can just about get in with my helmet on :wink: , But I would be happy if I could get another inch or two :D .

rob

O

Odin

AJ4 said:
vpulsar said:
But I would be happy if I could get another inch or two
...thats what your missus says as well :lol:
No it's more like after falling about laughing with her magnifing(sp) glass how about another 5 or 6 inches then I might feel something :shock: :oops: .

rob

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
paz said:
mattygti-r said:
paz said:

Paz

How much do you charge for a seat matty, over £300 per seat :roll: That alone is enough for a full set of decent seats - hence my comment. Still, suppose if I couldn't afford the two I could always just fit one.

Paz
Ha, Ant wants buddy club seats.....£300 per seat! I was going to be buying them but feck that thats daft lol. If not buddy's it would be corb's.

Aimee

Cris

Bride lists two types of rail for the GTiR, RO and MO type. Not sure what the difference is. Anyway perhaps they could be modded to utilise the [whatever other brand] seats with ease. Mind you they seem to be around £80 a side...

JIMMYBACK

i suppose the two differences would be for a recliner and a fixed bucket.ask mattygtir he will fill u in :D

mattygti-r

jiw said:
Matty you where telling me that bride seats where the sh1ts a few weeks ago, whats changed :?

Oh yeah thats it the fact that you have just bolted yours into the car and they have become the best thing since sliced bread. :roll:

Ive got corbeau's in mine with subframes which sit a little higher but its easily liveable with :wink:
not at all, they are "Ok", much better than the stock seats,

mine were fitted months ago mate long before i spoke to you about the seats,

people fit different seats, i dont like the design of corbeu's i prefer the BRIDE style, i have a carbon fibre fixed seat by BRIDE too but its not as nice to drive in, as its "fixed" and isnt adjustable,

any bucket seat is a pain in the arse sometimes to drive around in, getting in and out is difficult at times, mainly cos they sit so low (bride)

paz --- yes over £300 per seat, pay your money you take your choice dont you, bit like most things.

mattygti-r

Cris said:
Bride lists two types of rail for the GTiR, RO and MO type. Not sure what the difference is. Anyway perhaps they could be modded to utilise the [whatever other brand] seats with ease. Mind you they seem to be around £80 a side...
yep 2 types ones for fixed seats, (Zeta) one for reclinable (brix etc)

i have a spare fixed seat rail for pulsar, which someone can have if you live near me , im not posting it