fitting 550 injectors

pete-r

is it safe just to undo the fuel rail,take the old ones out then put the new ones in.or are there any precautions i should take?regarding fuel etc..

Mr GTiR

Get new seal for them as well. Cos mine started to leak when the engine was built up and run for the first time.

MarkTurbo

Just take the fuel pump fuse out and then start the car and leave it running til it cuts out :wink:

Saves fuel spraying out everywhere when you start taking things off :lol:

87 fc rx7 turbo.

Tan top

Mine didnt fit and i had to machine the inlet manifold out by 1mm.
Just a heads up. Mine also had new pintle caps which may have been bigger than the stock ones so your might still fit.

These are the same as sard 550cc injectors.

E

EVOGUN

Yes, those are 550cc denso and they are the correct ohms. Fitment not sure, have some here need to put them on to tell you. The 550cc are off the na R-X7 car the turbo use 720cc last time I checked.

Yeah sard and all the jap lot sell them and they are purple (maybe other colours for other manufacturers) but the rx7 ones are tan top. Exactly the same injector other than the colour.

No they are off the turbo. They are the secondaries the primaries are larger like 840cc or something.. Very hard to come by as those rx7's were only manufactured for one year. So you only get 2 on every car aswell so you need two cars to get 4.