exhaust manifold

S

S-GTI-R

tryin to get the exhaust manifold off so i can change my turbo but theres 1 nut which wont come off its the 1 at the bottom in the middle but jus abit to the right its at a funny angle,any1 know best way to get it off? :?

J

justin666

Youve found the one difficult nut then :wink: You will be needin one of two things to get to it.. Either a flexible socket extension which your sposed to be able to get from halfrauds but i could never find one or a small universal jointed 14mm (if memory serves correct) socket. I went for the latter and could just get onto the nut to undo it. Its a right fidley thing to get at but patience is the way :D

Have you managed to get the turbo oil feed bolt out of the block yet..?? I would imagine not of you still have the manifold on.!! Thats another tart of a thing to get at. Highly recomend a ratchet spanner for that one :wink: 17mm i think. Then look at gettin a braided turbo oil feed as its much easier to get back on than the solid pipes..

Good luck wiv it :D

J..

S

S-GTI-R

the nut is rounded tho and the spanner kinda jus slips off,is it a gd idea 2 warm it up abit

P

pyrotecnic

I had the same on mine and ended up using turbo sockets and a uj to get the nut off. Turbo sockets r a really savour but there not cheap.

andygtir

remove the top radiator hose and its connection to the block, then get a ring spanner and bend it so that it sits flush with the block then end of it should be visable by no.1 runner. then get a metal bar and hammer it off from above.

definately get a set of ex-gtirs hoses, the originals are impossible to get back on and are cr*p quality compared to mikes.

good luck!

P

pyrotecnic

I bought my turbo sockets from my local snap on man. If you have trouble getting hold of some let me know and i will send one down to you to borrow.

Jono

Its alot easier to get at if you take the stud out next to it.
Lock 2 bolts together and you should be able to work the stud free.
As for the awkward nut bein rounded :cry: good luck :shock:

S

S-GTI-R

i could do wiv that socket if u still wanna let me borrow it mate?my local snap on man doesnt come round till nxt friday

P

pyrotecnic

pm me your address and I will send it straight away to you.

Jono

S

S-GTI-R

guess wot,the bloody nut is off at last :D,i thought id hav another go at it but this time with the hammer n chisle and it came off jus about wiv abit of heat to,thanx for offerin to borrow me the socket mate

G

goob

i was gonna purchase a new manifold made from T-304 metal, it said it was for all SR20DET's but didnt actually say gti-r.

is it worth buying?

any help is appreciated.

S

S-GTI-R

im not to sure bout those manifolds,coz i think there more for the 200sx etc

G

goob

yeah thats kinda wot i thought, just wanted to make sure though.

its not something i'd buy soon anyway,but at the price it was going for i probably would have.

S

S-GTI-R

yeh tru they r priced at a gd price,u still got the stock turbo?